The OG Calendar ..fundraiser

We need a member to open the pay pal account, and to supervise it.

Maybe make the first run to 100 members…say it costs $20 a Calendar…and we pay $30 …that’s $1k to OG funds.

Ps (these are only figures.

1 Like

My uncle works in printing more the buisness end let me reach out to him and get an idea of cost think the calendar is a great idea

Hes about to go into a mtg will get back to me with an idea about pricing or at least some advice hes worked in printing his whole life, does all kinds of books magazines and such.

3 Likes

Exactly my vision I want to make sure the box is big enough where we could put a couple notes in there instead of little chicken doodle writing

2 Likes

Count me in!! Would be awesome!!! There should be a few collages in there to try and get all the contributors plants in there

5 Likes

I would totally be down for an OG calendar.!
Get 12 month-winning photos, and get to support the server too!

5 Likes

Someone on the group… Needs to take charge of the opening of the PayPal account, that Joe recommended.
Probably the most important part of the process.

Then we can donate to the ac ount and get the ball rolling.

I’m sure there is someone on OG with experience willing to help out.

I’m down to get one or two myself. Don’t have lots of money but do have time. So if there is something peeps need help with more then happy to help

They need someone to take control of a method of payment…reccomended PayPal.

Till someone volunteers to do this…it’s just mud.

1. We need a member to open a account …

2. The pics are there…all the last monthly winners.

3. Thanks for all the goodwill.

1 Like

So is this going to happen? We’re already chewing away on the dates for the year lol

1 Like

It died a death…when no one would organize a pay-pal account to contribute to.

Shame as it was a good idea and a good fundraiser…Maybe next Year.

3 Likes

If we start now getting everyone in the works should be easier to get going.

4 Likes

Doesn’t necessarily have to be Jan to Dec. It could be outdoor growing season through the year, like an almanac

2 Likes

I think more members would buy the calendars if THEY had pic or two in it - instead of JUST the winners … ?!
maybe make a collage of the best pics ; voted on to have a few thumbnail-pics of each months’ best pics… etc …
( Jmo)
Good luck with this one guys .!
Gaz

Just an idea, but you could showcase the winner as the big main picture, and line one edge with runners up thumbnails

I got a idea… @Panamajock top 13 bud shots in the

Go into a calendar with number one making the cover and those 13 winners get a calendar for 2023 as their prize. What say you? As I’m sure you are aware, all proceeds from the sale of the calendars must go to support OverGrow.

2 Likes

I’d certainly go along with that amigo …great idea!

Good luck

P J

1 Like

if this ain’t the perfect stereotype…bunch of pot heads started up a calendar idea for 2020, now it’s been over two years and nobody still started the paypal. damned if that ain’t hilarious! how about this, i’ll start the paypal and then we can have one that starts in feb and goes 15 months. take the winners and three other pics that the customer chooses at checkout. shouldn’t be too hard to have those three put in anywhere, or if so, first or last. let me know if that works and i’ll get it done by friday. or we could all just agree it’s a good idea again.

1 Like

I have found a way to make calendar posters on demand, without the front money needed to start the process. Mid January I will be working with several other OG’s to make this happen with designs for what could be ordered by anyone in what ever size they want.
I appreciate the offer to start a PayPal to get this idea moving forward, it’s a good plan… people who come to OverGrow would be interested in getting one, the cost of a good calendar would be around $18-25 to the person purchasing the item and this would provide little or no support for OverGrow community. If the calendar is $30 this provides support for OG but raises the end price and shipping cost has to be added.
The OverGrow poster once produced could be used as a top prize for a photo of the month contest, the winners of the contests thru the year could be added together to make the next OverGrow Calendar.

I’ll be posting more information in the OG poster thread.
Thank you @sfzombie13 for your offer, you are awesome!

3 Likes

Personally I am for a poster but not a calander. A calander would only be relevant for a year while a poster is timeless. Also more room for pictures in a collage without 12 months taking up space. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Having the poster be a calendar will be up to the person purchasing the OverGrow poster when it becomes available.

2 Likes