The Premium Duck Project!

Greetings,

Some here have expressed interest in a quality Ducksfoot line. This project will document the development of my new photosensitive Ducksfoot variety. My breeding stock is second to none – and with a little luck I should have something resembling the civilized Ducksfoot I’m aiming for by F3 or F4.

Original Ducksfoot is very sativa dominant and my mission is to breed that down and produce a 5-6 foot plant that finishes in no more than 60 days flower. And so we begin:

30 Likes

Okay,

I’ve been almost exclusively growing and breeding Ducksfoot for over five years now and to say I’m obsessed with webbed varietals would be near biblical understatement! Ducks have everything regular cannabis offers – and much more.

I will be using three parent lines:

Momma Duck was a rare Ducksfoot varietal that offered traits too numerous to mention and not found in most webbed indica and Ducksfoot strains.

She was crossed with an incredibly potent automatic indica to create one of three automatic Ducksfoot IBLs I’ve developed over the last five years. I call the the parent line the Green Quack! Below are some examples.

And, yes, they all hit like rhinos! Strong as any designer strain out there – and I’ve had near all of them! My ducks vary between trippy and couchlock.

I’ll post the third Ducksfoot parent line, and begin documenting it’s lifecycle for the F1 cross, sometime in the next few days…

Cheers.

28 Likes

Interesting thread. I’ll be following along as I’ve been looking at the Frisian Duck strain to grow outdoors here in the UK. :+1:

7 Likes

Welcome.

I hear mixed reports about Frisian Duck.

As I’ve said in a different thread on this forum, I don’t think there are bad Ducks, just people unfamiliar with their needs. Of course, climate outdoors is important, and I don’t know if the UK would give you a long enough summer…?

If you try it, start it early indoors and plant out early in direct sunlight for maximal daily hours. All duck strains are Ca/Mg hogs and they’ll take as much nutes as you can give them (assuming you have enough sun). Also, just when you think they’re ready, especially outdoors, give 'em another three weeks.

Cheers.

11 Likes

I’ll be watching for sure! Favorited and bookmarked!

7 Likes

I remember reading bout that back in the day glad to see it still around and kicking

5 Likes

What I’ve read is Frisian duck is good for colder climates but like you say our uk summer is very short. Maybe I’ll give the auto flower version a go as at least that will definitely finish before any cold/frost sets in. :+1:

5 Likes

@DaffyDuck looking forward to seeing your ducks and I’ll take a front seat so not to miss anything!

4 Likes

The auto Frisian Duck is good. I’ve not heard anything dubious about it around here that I wouldn’t put down to grower inexperience with autos. If you know how to keep up with an auto, I reckon DPs auto Duck will give ya what you want in near any climate…so long you got enough light, as with any webbed strain.

Thanks for the encouragement people. I’m actually keen to finish a clonable photo version of my Green Quack auto line because when you get a good one – they’re great, and it would be nice to just have clones again…!

Cheers.

8 Likes

Greetings,

An old friend managed to get me a Ducksfoot line of unknown origin but legendary quality in certain local circles. My reasoning is that I have Momma Duck, an amazing duck strain, as the core of all my Ducksfoot genetics – and she still expresses well in all her progeny – so to acquire a different variety known for its quality can only help the project and the strain’s overall vigor. This unknown duck is my third parent donor to the new project:

1 day old.

Though the lineage is lost, known traits of this line are it’s wonderful colors, curious webs (more like a webbed indica than true Ducksfoot, though it is Ducksfoot), and a strong sativa high. I love those purple stems already!

Cheers.

12 Likes

Lets goooooooooooo! Good luck fam

4 Likes

So cool! I’ve never seen anything like it or heard of it.Interesting thread and strain! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Laughed so hard I got a sticch!:joy:

4 Likes

Green quack :joy: love it! Interesting stuff!

6 Likes

Greetings,

Trawled through my archives. I think a photosensitive version of this specimen is what I’m after. It has to be no more than five feet tall and has to finish flower in 7-8 weeks.

The new donors at 2 days old, but who’s counting…?

Crazy color on those stems!

Cheers.

13 Likes

Hey @DaffyDuck , pulling up a chair and following with interest. Do you think you can nail down what you are looking for by f3 or f4??
As I said I’m keen to follow your progress and subsequent out comes.

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

Depends how much I throw into them I think. If I don’t have to introduce any new genetics, and if nothing insane pops up in F1, I think I’ll have something near enough by F3. F4 would be from a large enough population to isolate specific traits – and I know what I’m after will be popular.

I’m fundamentally trying to reproduce my Green Quack line in a photo version; specifically my F5 phenos:

Welcome aboard. Hope it’s a good show…

17 Likes

I suddenly want to watch Howard the Duck. :thinking: :smoking: :chicken:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

5 Likes