The Premium Duck Project!

Greetings,

These things are 10 days in and so far look to be an interesting strain. Lotsa color, typical ducksfoot, so far…

Cheers.

12 Likes

Really interesting strain and experiment, thanks for sharing. I was looking to grow some in the outside, is it an ocasional rain a problem for them? Cheers …

4 Likes

Such an interesting plant looks like catnip at this stage of growth!

4 Likes

Your a lucky duck :rofl: I’ve been looking for ducksfoot genetics for years, I would love to see it make a come back​:+1: do her right my brotha

6 Likes

Rain is no problem man. They’ll take drought and rain, and are extremely mould resistant.

3 Likes

If you want to give ducksfoot a run, as this project will take a few years to finalize, Dutch Passion offer a photo and an auto duck.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Thanks @DaffyDuck , I have already ordered some seeds, I will keep an eye in your grow, helpful information here, cheers …

4 Likes

I couldn’t resist either. I ordered a couple of the dutch passion photos and a couple auto’s to play with!
I’m hoping the photos clone well.
If I make any crosses with these is the webbed leaf a recessive trait?
I look forward to your grows. Nice to have a ducksfoot expert in the family!

3 Likes

You’ll love 'em!

Yup, webs are recessive. Make your cross with anything you want and get F1s. Grow out your best F1s and pick traits you want (besides webs, you won’t get webs till F2). Make F2s from F1 population and you’ll get some webbed specimens. Pick traits you want from the webbed individuals and the resultant F3s will all be webbed. You can clean up from there…

Cheers.

9 Likes

I’m pretty stoked about running a few inside and out this year! I’m hoping to become more purposeful in my breeding so we’ll see how I do.
Thanks for your help and sharing your grows!

4 Likes

Greetings,

Ducklings are coming along. 19 days old and still colorful and still interesting, though my gut tells me they ain’t any kinda ducks I know…

Keen to see gender expression, but ain’t holding my breath for it any time soon.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Greetings,

These ducks were overgrowing my meager resources so a friend came and snatched two away and left me the smallest. It’s at 29 days, and still looks interesting, and still a worthy gene donor.

Touch of Ca/Mg def; they are ducks after all…

Cheers.

15 Likes

Hey @DaffyDuck , any updates on your progress??
Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Greetings,

Been on the road too much last few weeks. Swung by my buddy’s and snapped these. Still webbed, still curious.

Think they’re at 40 days here and finally quit the Ca/Mg crap.

Later.

10 Likes

Hi again, finally breeding mine’s but they have a weird look, what are the symptoms of a Cal.Mag deficiency? Thanks … :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Hey bro,

Nice ducks. That’s not Ca/Mg, its salts burn. Your nutes were too strong for them. Flush them with water, and check runoff pH and salts concentration. Feed them water only at pH 6.5 till next set of leaves, then go half strength prior nutes dose. If it’s a commercial soil mix, they are sometimes too strong for seedlings, again, flush with water and wait.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Thanks mate for your quick reply, I read somewhere that seeds only have energy accumulated to break the shell and develop the first set of leaves and after that, you should slightly feed them. That is what I did, the soil is from Jiffy for seeds, so didn’t think it could be overfed. The rest of the plants are OK with that same water, so guess it must be strain related. Anyway they look like a strong strain able for noobs :grin: (as announced in their web) so hope they will become good looking as yours :+1:. Appreciate your help … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Greetings,

Strange duck at 76 days. Still interested in it, though it ain’t any kinda duck I’m familiar with…

Very sativa dominant, very piney.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Quite strange indeed, mine’s are recovering thanks to you, they are more in the duckish side … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Looking great there @DaffyDuck, how much longer do you think it needs ??
Cheers Johnny

3 Likes