The “PREPPERS CORNER”

Been awhile since I’ve started a thread, not sure if it’s been touched on here at OG and feel free to move to another thread if one exists .

With the ongoing covid 19 pandemic wonder who out there would be willing to help contribute to this thread feel free to add thoughts , ideas, techniques and such in if we are entering a SHTF type scenario!

14 Likes

Man I wish I could have prepped better for this lockdown, in gunna run out of weed in just another couple weeks and I’m scared!

16 Likes

I live in one of those communities where people help people. If you need something you call your neighbor. People respect you and your property. Good place to get shot if you go screwing with people.

I’m a big fan of self sufficiency. I have a freezer full of meat and 10 “agricultural deer tags” for my apple orchards. I’m legal to harvest 10 deer in the next 12 months. I can use about any weapon I want to do it. I also am a great gardener and this is the perfect time for quarantine. I self quarantine every April till June every year anyway. Got too much work to go out dancing.

Edit: Not going to run out of medicine either…unlike @SleepyRobert.

26 Likes

A big sack of rice and a big bag of beans will feed you indefinitely.

You can get green vitamins from pine needle tea.

A big bag of cannabis.

“It’s amazing how you can live without the necessities provided you still have the little luxuries.”

27 Likes

With thousands literally out of work how can one save? I just might consider busting out the food dehydrator and take advantage of preserving food before perishable food for goes bad .

18 Likes

I have a friend at the CDC who gave me some good advice about three weeks ago. I immediately went and stocked up on enough coffee for the year. I couldn’t see the year without coffee. 40 bags of Aldi’s organic coffee. People laughed at me…but who’s laughing now!?

Luxury!

20 Likes

I’ve also got a reasonable sized bag of powdered milk left over from a camping trip :slight_smile:

Edit: oh, and I plan to go foraging for fiddleheads in the coming weeks too.

13 Likes

This old Italian dude has the perfect SHTF setup

Working on amassing a root cellar. Add a wine rack and canna cabinet!? Dream come true.

9 Likes

If you believe Trump earlier the food supply isn’t at a shortage people are just buying to much shit at once I will say I don’t normally believe much he says but I’m inclined to believe him here I don’t see a food shortage happening unless a very significant part of the population goes down at once who happen to be farmers

10 Likes

Oh and morels and pan fishing.

14 Likes

We will never have a food shortage. Maybe more of a supply shortage.

13 Likes

I live pretty close to several good sized cattle ranches I’ll risk farmer shotgun before me and mine go hungry

12 Likes

One cow could feed a couple hundred people for a day

3 Likes

No…one cow could feed me for about 6 months hehe

4 Likes

I always buy more than I need and pack it away. If I am getting 1 bag of rice, I get 2, and when I go through one of those, I get 2 more. I only stop doing that when I run out of room. Because of that, I am pretty good with the staples (rice, beans, mac & cheese, etc…) I also made the decision, a few years back, to buy an upright freezer. I originally got it to store food for the dog (raw diet) and figured I could always stock up on meats when they are REALLY on sale, vac seal them and they will last a year.

10 Likes

But processing a whole cow…fk that would take some time! Cutting and wrapping 600lbs of meat…you would be busy! Storing 600lbs better have a big freezer. skinning it in the field and gutting it plus how you gonna kill it without raising suspicion?? Stealth hatchet in the forehead and then bleed it out. Now skinning and gutting bucking it into quarters…its not as easy as we think! Its doable thou

5 Likes

Lead it down the road a little ways into the woods pack it out on 4 wheelers or just walk up the driveway with 30 armed people and explain the situation

5 Likes

Morel season is still about a month out here but excited about em.

7 Likes

Fast healthy growing foods? Micro greens , mushrooms and such lots of nutrition in little packages .

11 Likes

haha perfect idea…why didn’t i think of that…30 armed dudes

3 Likes