The Press Room: ♨

Got it.

Post your final product on the Press Room thread so we can all enjoy another beautiful DIY.

1 Like

I will do my friend. Thanks again @99PerCent.

1 Like

I bought a 10ton Dake on sale for $270 on Zoro (originally like $400 on Grainger which owns Zoro interestingly enough)

Then got an additional 35% off. 25% promotional and 10% for complaining.

Then found a person on Instagram of all places who made plates for like $350 CAD which was like $250 at the time.

So less than $500 for a pretty sweet press

1 Like

This is what i used matey

2 Likes

I just put hair straighteners in between the clamps nd squeezed.

I’ve glued them on to it now and made a lil box off something I had lying around.

Looks a bit shit but Rome wasn’t built in a day😅

3 Likes

Like @99PerCent, I have a press and a rosin system. It cost me about $500 as well.

The press is very small. I currently have it mounted on a home made wooden stand. at the time of the thread, it was sitting on the floor. One of the photos has a Bic lighter next to the press to indicate how small the press really is.

2 Likes

Edit: Use some heat proof glue next time! :-)) :-)) hahaha
The plates just came off.

I’ve ordered some Oven door Glue it sound’s the business.

2 Likes

I recently bought this 3 ton all electric press from Dulytek (no affiliation).
My 1st was a manual press that used a huge spring…both have 3x5" aluminum plates.
I have only messed with this one a few times, but the ease is outrageous…
This was an 11 gram experiment…no bag, but used a 2x 4" prepress.
Material was only cured for 30 days (lowers to boot) and was still a bit too damp for best pressing.
220d F for 90 seconds…one press.(11grams). Avg yield has been between 18-26% with two presses.

4 Likes

This is about a 1/4 z of the Grandaddy Purple yard plant that came down early with powdery mildew. Yield is off for sure and the effect is a bit racey.

4 Likes

I would hit that! Reminds me I have some runny rosin in the freezer to deal with…

Oh hell yeah, Juanita la Lagrimosa rosin :yum:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Creme Brulee

5 Likes

Weekends were made for presses.

Have a good one!

2 Likes

so much yum in one place. now i am starting to get jelly again mayby a press is what the dr ordered. now that the place has some pressing what are some likes and dis likes of your presses go…

1 Like

The @roux press is still the most efficient press I have seen. I can press small amounts in less than 5 minutes with very fast warm up time and little to no waste.

The 10-Ton Press I bought is a beast and can flatten about 1/2 zip at a time in a nylon bag. I’ll try that some day, but I like the 2-3 gram pucks in parchment paper. Also efficient, but slow to warm up.

3 Likes

The 6-ton is about the right size, sometimes I wish I could squish more at once. I like the cage setups to keep the plates even and aligned. Every now and then I have to adjust the plates on mine. The pre-press is a game changer IMO.

3 Likes

try a warmed pre press on low heat you will thank me

2 Likes

mmmm

6 Likes

Im“press”ive! Looking yummy 99! :yum:

2 Likes

od squishes

4 Likes