The Press Room: ♨

Squished some Cherry Tart flower rosin.

7 Likes

Yes, yes you did. I could work with that.

2 Likes

Pressed some year old Creme Brulee flower. Came out pretty dark.

4 Likes

Is that the press you built?

Yes sir! That thing has more than paid for itself. :+1::seedling:
PS here is some Jabba’s Stash rosin.

3 Likes

What type frame press did you use?

1 Like

It’s a 6-ton harbor freight press. I had to replace the bottle jack though because it failed after a year or so. The plates are 2.5" x 2.5" square stock I bought locally. Each plate has two cartridge heaters hooked up to a PID controller on a solid state relay. Cost me about $185 in materials and a couple favors from some friends to complete.

3 Likes

I have been looking at the plate / heater kits they sell now, and need to get a press too.
Maybe an early Christmas Pressy

dab press on amazon reasonable if you dont want to brew your own a half year daily use id say worth 320 bux. They also sell spare parts and make a 100 dollar e-nail and goo warming plates. new style table top drip frame looks pretty cool

the wood is my cheap dial indicator when it starts cracking the bag is in blow out territory

6 Likes

If I were to go bigger, I would likely just buy something like that. :+1::seedling:

Of course right now I’m seriously considering a freeze dryer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey Thanks , Does that have a brand name?
Also what is blow out, when the dab oil dribs out the side ?
I think I understand the wood tell-tail, good idea

A blow out is when the bag or parchment rips getting rosin everywhere you dont want it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

dabpress

when the silk screen bag splits or the parchment paper splits from too much too fast. then the shiz gets on the plates and springs and weed gets in it etc…

2 Likes

Hey guys. Sorry to bother you all, I have a noob question. What do you do with the pressed flower? Make butter or smoke?

I notice that you also put a lot of flower into the press and the return looks a lot smaller. Does that mean, the pressed oil is more powerful and you don’t need to smoke that much?

2 Likes

Takin’ the lumber out of the product works for me.

This is also a good way to know if your plants are producing lots of medicine, or less so.

Keep seedin’

4 Likes

Hash or extracts is a matter of ratios if you have fire weed you have great returns if you don’t well meh… What are you trying to throw insults my way? i can assure you my returns are the best ha ha ha The leftovers get the tinticure treatment or RSO none to waste.

Waste not, want not, my depression grandmother taught me with a switch when i failed to comply…

5 Likes

10 Likes

Hey guys, I’m eyeing presses but have a question…

Looking at the dabpress 6 ton or 10 ton. The prices are really not far off for 4 more tons of pressure. However, 6 tons seems to be enough to tear bags etc. and maybe no more pressure is needed for plates of that size. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

The bigger the press, the more you can squish at once. I have a small 6-ton that can press about five grams at a time. My buddy’s 20-ton can squish a zip at once.

7 Likes