The Press Room: ♨

My partner just got a Chinese press… From the looks of it there’s no pressure gauge and pressure is applied by a wheel on the threaded rod. So I’m not sure how tight I’m getting it but our returns haven’t been what I’d like… Guess we’ll just keep playing. Its super fun. And makes the room smell amazing!

2 Likes

Get some pics up an running

2 Likes

May need to lower your temps a bit, what temperature are you pressing at?

3 Likes

We did presses from 160 to 215. Maybe it was just a material thing.

Won’t have pics for a little while as material is getting low ATM but next time there will be documentation.

2 Likes

That temp sounds right. It takes just practice IME.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking as well. Though I do worry that I’m not getting the amount of pressure needed with the way this machine works

2 Likes

How dry was the material used? I find the drier it is, the less it will tend to yield. Moisture and quality play a huge role in yield.

2 Likes

Squeezed a little gold from some Goji Og today. 25% return pressed at 190.

6 Likes

Please demonstrate some of your process.

25% is most impressive.

1 Like

I’ll make a YouTube video later today. When it’s done, I’ll post the link here.

1 Like

:clamp::sweat_drops::fire:

Nice that’s flower rosin I assume. What micron bag? How much pressure and how long? I love the details.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s from flower. I used a 90 micron for this run. I don’t have a pressure gauge on my unit so I can’t be sure of the pressure but it was pressed about 60 seconds. I have a 20ton press. I do everything by feel. If I pay close attention I can even tell when the bag burst by sound alone.

3 Likes

Thanks for the details. I dont have a guage either. My press is a small 6-ton with 2.5" x 2.5" plates. I usually pre-press flower and squish without bags. For hash, I use the 37u bags.

Cheers!

6 Likes

That dabber is sick.

2 Likes

I’ve had a 1.5" x 1.5" pre press for a while. Mine cost me $15 at the local metal shop. I saw the rosin evolution has a press the same size and sells 2" x 3" bags for it, so I ordered some 160 micron bags. The bags I have been using are 37 micron, great for hash, but not flower. I have been pressing flower raw dawg. I also ordered some pre-cut 1.5" x 1.5" parchment pieces, and got a free timer by using promo code ‘pedro’, thanks to Pedro’s Grow Room, check him out on IG, Twitch, and YouTube.

I pre-pressed five grams of Creme Brulee flower and put it in a trimmed down bag. That was pressed at 95°C for four minutes. I don’t have a pressure gauge, but slowly added pressure for the whole four minutes.

Final yield was exactly one gram for a decent 20% yield of some fire!

8 Likes

Nice clean press.

Have a nice weekend :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at these https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEVIL-PRESS-ROSIN-TARIK-EXTRACTOR-T-Rex-TECH-oil-wax-extraction-machine-vaper/332547731472?hash=item4d6d63b010%3Ag%3AVM0AAOSw3jBauUg5&_sacat=0&_nkw=rosin+press&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1311.R1.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xrosin.TRS0
I know it’s not exactly a press but I’m thinking it may be good enough for my use to extract enough oil from any left over trim etc instead of just composting it

My kit cost me just over $500, and it is a real rosin press.

You can build a very nice one for about $300.

See if you find anything in here you like. :eye:

3 Likes

Thank you @99PerCent. I’ll take a look now mate

1 Like

Space is a bit of an issue for me so something desktop is more what I’m looking for @99PerCent. A friend of mine gets some good results from a set of hair irons (straighteners) but your unable to control the temperature with them. The link I’ve put on my post would maybe good enough for my needs so I at least get to extract even a little bit from the trim before I compost it. But if you or someone else has any ideas that fit my criteria I’ll take it on board and see what we can come up with.

1 Like