The quest for unicorn gold!

Oh now that is very interesting! The mixed bag one looks radically different, where the big bud one is the same as ever. I wonder why!

5 Likes

well, I’ll be damned eh? It’s been 23 days since I prepped those samples, so approximately the same time it takes rosin to rock up. I went back and looked at the big bud one and it started out white and opaque, but then turned clear. The mixed bag and PCK ones didn’t do that. I’m thirsting to get those samples under the scope and see what the deal is!

2 Likes

I’ve got a video of me playing with some unicorn dust from the photo above. Eventually… I’ll post it after spewtube has it’s way.

Even the HD version is there!

5 Likes

Well what’s the deal !?

2 Likes

lol! I’ll do it tomorrow, I’ve been pretty busy. I’ll examine both of those hashes under the scope! I’m excited for that. Closes VS Code Honest I’m not wasting time with computer programming.

2 Likes

Very interesting! Look how clear it is and you can barely see trichome remnants. Crazy!

7 Likes

Funktastic, I think it has the lowest quantity of plant waxes in there. It’s HARD! Like fucking glass! I had to chip out a small bit and put it on the slide. Must be mostly THC and terpenes crystallized in this clear hash glass lol!

2 Likes

This one is soft enough to cut with the x-acto blade. It’s the mixed bag one, of course! Next stage? Time to get wasted for science!!! My favorite part :wink:

10 Likes

Yah… I fail to see any visible reason it would be different, lol! This is the trichome pile from the mixed bag. There IS something strange though. Those small orange-ish strips of something are always in the meat breath hash. I wonder where it comes from on the plant?

8 Likes

Gimme somma that good ol’ fashioned rosin-ish bubble hash! Yeehaw!

10 Likes

I heated up the scoop for the second photo. I was smashing chunks out of glass in the first one! It was so… hard and brittle! It was slow to move anywhere and I could hear the shards breaking out crack crack!

2 Likes

Well I guess that settles it! I can really make a crazy pile of trichomes out of anything, by following the same steps. I’ve detected a problem though, and that is I’ve become accustomed to the flavor! So, I’ll have to go on a flavor purge by ripping something different for a bit. I’m looking at you, PCK hash. :eyes:

13 Likes

Here’s the PCK batch. You can see that it’s a different color!

7 Likes

Well, it still hasn’t changed, and I think it’s been about 2 months. So I declare it’s stable! We’ll see what happens over the next 4 months. Excitement!!! Like watching paint dry!!!

14 Likes

This is being kept at room temperature?

1 Like

It’s stored at 18C on the dab table. Even though they look “powdery” the trichomes aren’t grains of sand or salt, so they don’t flow freely. It kind of clumps in a large batch like that.

4 Likes

I was wondering if yours actually stayed powder or if it clumped together. When I tried bringing the dry hash out to room temperature it stayed looking like powder, but it was definitely all clumped together. It would be interesting to find a way to keep it as a powder at room temp

1 Like

heh heh no its powder like I can dump it out and it’ll be a pile. But if I shake it around in the container it’s not going to roll around in there like sand. I can take the dab tool and scoop up a pile and dump it. I should just record a video, I don’t think I can really describe it. Just a sec.

2 Likes

enjoy the shitty quality! I strive hard for that out-of-focus material.

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that.
We need some sort of food chemist to tell us how to do it but it would be some sort of wash process or additive that would bond to the surface of the trichomes changing the surface charge.

Cheers
G

3 Likes