The quest for unicorn gold!

Let the washing begin!!!

8 Likes

Now granted, this batch won’t come out looking like yours @JoeCrowe, it’s 2021’s dried overflow (coming out a real red) that I’ve got to run before getting into 2022’s fresh frozen. But, the washing station is setup, and running!!!

3 Likes

It won’t get as light colored, but toss up a photo! I’ll be making another batch soon, as well.

1 Like

She’s a wee bit on darker side, but don’t mind one bit, as it was dried, not fresh frozen.
It’ll smoke just fine, smells good as f#€£ right now too!!!

8 Likes

Did you remember to rehydrate it for 24 hours by soaking it before washing? I recently did the same thing to my over 1 year old UBC Chemo. I was going to toss the UBC Chemo but then thought lets see what I get from a wash.

I forgot to take pictures of the end result but mine was far lighter. I’ve had mine drying in the frost free freezer to remove moisture. Every few days I break it into smaller chunks for more surface area to dry into it turns into powder at touch with no water left. Then I’m going to throw it into a 25 micron bag and then put that bag inside of a 160 micron bag to press at around 65C for a min or two. I’m trying to figure out the right press time as I’ve noticed the longer the press the darker the color.

2 Likes

Here’s a photo of mine as is now with almost no water. I think if you didn’t rehydrate more plant material breaks off in the wash leading to a darker color.

5 Likes

I’ve done the rehydration thing and it failed to produce cleaner hash. I think the trichomes are just super aged, but there could be some plant materials in there or whatnot.

2 Likes

Yes I rehydrated, for more than 2 hours, and it was plenty to get the buds wet all the way thru, but 1. This was almost 18 months old, & 2 the trichomes were 80% amber when I harvested it, so that just adds to the darker color, picture is really darker than what it is, it’s real red, and stinks to high heaven.

3 Likes

@JoeCrowe here is a better pic of last nights run that show the “redness”
Now, here is today’s fresh frozen run of BanHam from Copa genetics.

Thanks for showing me a different way!!!

6 Likes

mmm that fresh frozen is looking mighty fine. When the moisture evaporates, it’ll be superb! It’s all about the smell. Yah, level up your hash game!

2 Likes

I thought the 18 month old stuff smelled good, HOLY S#!+ this stuff is absolutely crazy. I’m hoping it tastes as good as it smells!!! Will find out in a while after it’s dried in the freezer.

4 Likes

good times!!! I’ve been putting off making the new hash batch, but I should get moving on it. Ahh time waits for no one. I’ve been shining the UV flashlight around again, and I’ve noticed the PCK hash glows red. Something else… yah when I poked some aged freeze dried hash on the parchment, the bottom of it glowed really bright. hah hah, I love fooling with that thing.

7 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen! :crazy_face:
:rofl:

2 Likes

Apparently, some of the personal submitted to the contest was not fit for human consumption. Contaminated, if you will. Ah, when will people take pride in their grows? Follow the rules! Aaaanyways that’ll probably hit 10% of contestants. It’ll probably increase the entry fee.

1 Like

OK I gotta ask Pakistani critical kush ?

1 Like

PCK pakistani chitral kush X ice cream cake number 5.

2 Likes

Damn you’re Into the icc#5 to huh lol
Looking good …I gotta make some hash here soo …gotta get the stash back up there maybe
Dedicate some plants strictly to just hash this year

2 Likes

It’s got a different color, that’s for sure.

8 Likes

When I take the PCK out and snap a glam shot, it doesn’t really look any different from the other hash.

6 Likes

It’s very different. While I can break off bits of the big bud one, the PCK hash forms a goo, that has to be quickly ripped off the parchment.

10 Likes