The quest for unicorn gold!

Pressing some rosin right now as I type… errr ok the machine is doing it, OK? I’ll post some photos afterwards.

There it is, about half way done.

6 Likes

ok, so here’s the deal. Yes, I am getting THCa crystallization. Yes, there are THCa crystals on the parchment as well. THCa, everywhere. And I am starting to think perhaps it’s a result of the process I am using. I will gather more data.

9 Likes

What I mean by gather more data is: It’s time to get ripped!!! Wheeeeeeee! :crazy_face: Brain worms!

2 Likes

I wasn’t paying enough attention to the rosin. Turns out I’m manufacturing all of them with crystals in it. I went back and looked at my other rosins I had produced over the years. Same shit, different rosin.

2 Likes

Two images from different areas. The clear shit, I would have expected the thca crystals to be fully formed. Instead, it’s a mess. Oh look, crystals in the rosin itself. The unique take from PCK. Also, I murdered 10000 skunks down in the lab with the rosin press, it stinks.

11 Likes

I think you are getting very close to growing diamonds…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Alright, so I took several rosin hits and I was thinking to myself…
Remember when I took the wet hash and pressed it? I wonder what would happen if I quick dried it first? Could I change the cycle to frozen buds->hash->live rosin in just a couple of hours? Like 3 hours. That could be radical? orrr… would it suck? hmmmm… got the ol’ question gun pointing at targets! BAM!
So now my brain is bouncing around already, like the proverbial bullet. Or laser. Some kind of destructive energy, lol!

4 Likes

I had an idea regarding drying:
When I used to cultivate mushrooms, we would fan dry for 24 hours, and then place them on a rack in a closed container full of desiccant.
Desiccant + freezer might = faster, more complete dehydration aka “freeze drying” vs. open air freezer.

2 Likes

The desiccant doesn’t work in the freezer, since it’s using sublimation to get rid of the ice. I tested it before using hash sealed in a plastic bag filled with rice!

1 Like

Dang! Well, at least I know you’ve tried it so I don’t have to!

1 Like

I always encourage testing, because perhaps I hallucinated the whole outcome and I’m just a chatGPT. It’s a little closer to being real if you get the same outcome. Or… Don’t waste your time. I think someone else tried it with cardboard too, and that failed to speed it up.

2 Likes

Yeah, cardboard def wouldn’t work, but silica gel is rated to work below freezing, so I thought it might have an impact.

2 Likes

well, I never tried silica! Give it a go!

Lol, perhaps I shall!
Gotta bulk up the headstash a bit before I start experimenting. …

1 Like

A plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel
(Blackadder III :smile:)

What if…
…You could apply a small amount of heat to the bottom of the tray… Enough to raise the temperature of the bubble hash to just above freezing. That would release the water vapour from the hash and let it freeze out elsewhere in the freezer…

I’m thinking about a small open top Styrofoam box (tray, battery, sensor, controller) you place into your regular freezer…

Hmm…

Cheers
G

6 Likes

heh heh I’m gonna do the speedrun today. Just getting set up now! cracks his knuckles ooo yah!

crankin’ out the goods! I had a delay due to rosin.

7 Likes

Next phase, I’m going to get the dehydrator pumped up to 50C. I should be able to purge the last of the moisture in about a half hour at 50C! Max, 45min to purge.
Should be 2hr 20min to get rosin in my brain from this frozen batch. A touch less time than 3hrs.

1 Like

Here’s a soggy bud I just picked out of the hash batch. You can see I’ve scavenged most of the trichome caps and left the stalks behind. Don’t want no stalks. This is part of the observation cycle that lead to the understanding that the number of trichomes was the important part of if it would yield good quantities of hash. Then I had to try and falsify it hah hah took another 2 years.

5 Likes

10more min before I fire up the rosin press. I also did this wrist snap in the acceleration phase to really drive up the G forces. I could hear the hash bag cracking like a whip!

1 Like