The quest for unicorn gold!

Always up to no good. Appreciate the consistency and generosity, my friend.

2 Likes

If I get substandard buds, I always make tincture out of it. You can never tell it was trash at that point :wink: I’m going to be doing another auto grow this summer, and analyzing the plants. I have had some great ones in the past! Last years were kind of lackluster.

1 Like

Is the small trichome size on the autos part of their low strength compared to photos? If a bud has the same amount of trichomes as another, but the gland heads are smaller is that bud then lower strength?
Seems like the auto ones can be like half the size, so how much goodies could they hold?

1 Like

Woah!!! Craziest press EVER!!! Almost all THCa and no terpenes!

7 Likes

According to the math, a trichome cap with an extra 60 microns on it’s diameter has a way larger volume. It does make a difference in reality, and you can notice it a bit. Makes less of a difference than the math would suggest, though. On the other hand, if you are comparing trichomes that are 60 microns across VS ones that are 180 microns across, the difference is huge. Plug that shit into wolfram, it’s mind blowing.

4 Likes

I don’t think there is room for terpenes in that THCa mess of crystals. It crashed out instantly into crystals with no time needed. Creating the smallest of crystals!

7 Likes

This is a pure THCa crystal rip. I call it the crystal crash express! Followed up by a pure terp rip afterwards. Get things on the level!

5 Likes

Terp blasts! I’m pretty sure there are THCa contamination crystals in there! :smiley:

8 Likes

I’ve determined that the separation of the thc from the terps only happens on a genetic basis. The composition of the trichomes matters, somehow. I think it has to do with the ratio of terpenes to THCa. At a certain point, the THC just saturates, nucleates, and precipitates… Know what I’m sayin’?

6 Likes

Ahh yes. The competition is happening, but only legal producers are allowed to participate. Yah, I suppose that’s the way it is now! Thanks Health Canada! Appreciate it, lol!

3 Likes

Yeah they did the same to the karma cup. :worried: completely ruined it

4 Likes

Yeah… 2022 was the last good year…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yes, it grows as the radius³

4 Likes

Today I’m going to whip off some of that sweet sweet OGK hash. I’m really looking forward to the flavor! This GOG hash from the strange plant, is what I call the tofu of hash. It tastes like the last thing you ate hah hah!

3 Likes

It’s also the reason there’s a limit to the size of dinosaurs… on earth anyway :wink::sweat_smile::+1: good shit

2 Likes

I tripped over the lump of hash from the bottom of the 90 bag. Still cleaning that thing in the freezer! It’s almost crust-free now though. Gotta make sure the mesh isn’t all plugged up with full melt, lol!

Alllmost done! I better get out the titanium blade for choppins’! Since this is OGK, it’ll be granular instead of gooey!

2 Likes

I’ve seen that as well. What are your thoughts on that?
THCa crystals?

Cheers
G

1 Like

Photo bomb! BOOM! Yield - OK, murder scene - on point.

5 Likes

Not sure on that one, I think I would need better equipment to zero in on exactly how it works. Definitely composition and genetic based. My anecdote is this: the granular ones seem to crash out faster in the crystal nucleation scheme of things. So Theoretically based on that anecdote, it could have something to do with the thca/terpene ratio in the trichomes. Real clue: None, untested hypothesis: 100%.

1 Like