The rise of THCA

Howdy y’all.

I have a homie that has recently purchased legal weed online that is advertised as hemp flower with less than .3% THC. However, the flowers are high in THCA, allowing them to still produce a psychoactive effect when decarboxylated.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Are these growers just harvesting the plants very early? I read this article that helped me understand THCA a bit more:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1386142521010489?casa_token=Jm9NkDTS_hoAAAAA:cm_z64-fcNq6MSaSPmluzsVeMxKaNs8z6ECBaGrvFV8DZhijaJjGOGGPa4lH5faWYAy9iwUpYsE

Here’s a screenshot of the website he used, I’m unsure if I can post the link.

Here’s their lab report for that specific strain.

12 Likes

Fairly sure you just described most weed… just because they’re advertising themselves as legal, doesn’t mean they are. There’s no way this is actually a real loophole; as you can see from the lab report they showed you, THCa is counted as part of “total THC” in lab tests, at a slightly reduced rate to account for the broken chemical bonds.

8 Likes

Yeah, I see what you mean. That’s why I’m confused, because he’s saying that the smoke is fire and gets you just as high as regular weed. It may be they’re just running an illegal OP, but there are 5 other competitive websites he has found too.

2 Likes

Yes these are legit. There’s a few sites that sell this High THCA flower and it is 100% regular herb.

Supposedly, the COA’s are legit and the plants are under the 0.3% Delta9 THC which, per the 2018 farm bill, is considering legal hemp. DEA has said it says Delta9 so Delta9 is all we care about. That’s the loophole.

The catch is, the coa’s may not be legit…

That being said, I’ve ordered from at least one place and have had good experiences so far when I needed something in a pinch. It’s cheaper than my local dispo’s and better than the black market so :man_shrugging:

Definitely be careful regardless.

12 Likes

Wow. Ok, so maybe it is a real loophole. Once again I’m staggered by the tunnel vision on display here… I guess delta-9 THC really is all they’re interested in, despite knowing that CBD’s being turned into delta-8 THC that works almost identically or that THCa is turned into THC by the same process we might use to consume THC in the first place. All irrelevancies though, in the eyes of the government. :crazy_face: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

yeah the bills never stipulate that you need to burn the plant matter to test for delta9. so if we’re not doing that then the THCA never gets converted to Delta9 THC so… its legal if delta9 under 0.3% :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

i just saw an add for weed on facebook market palce :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Our lawmakers are idiots. :joy:

8 Likes

i will second that imnot the brightest bulb in the box but ill be damned if i listen to somebody that i deem stoooopider than me i dont give a rats ass weather they were votied in or not

1 Like

Its just a loophole in the 2018 hemp bill that hemp companies are using to make profit. High THCa is the same thing as regular weed.
@Cormoran Its a real loophole, its been happening for the last few years only this year did it really begin to grow fast.

I’d say a large portion are probably not legit or edited this is not uncommon in the hemp scene as they are really focused on having delta 9 test under .03. There has also been a boom in vendors and customers that learned about this loophole in the past 6 months. Because of this The quality of flower has gone down. There has been speculation a few of these companies are just moving flower that did not pass medical or rec testing as there has been an increase in mold/bot rot being found.

2 Likes

Take a look into the other loopholes with Delta8, Delta10, and HHC. Crazy stuff.

If you wanna read more about it search for “spicy hemp” on Reddit there’s whole threads and boards about it

There’s a couple different big online vendors but the one I’m most interested in is Hoku Seed, their seeds are interesting and legit and the hemp flower is supposed to be incredible. He’s mostly on a subscription basis for the spicy stuff but if you hunt through the seed descriptions and Reddit it’s pretty easy to figure out which of the public flower is THCA heavy

https://hokuseedco.com/shop

3 Likes

Lol sorry i couldnt help it

hokuseedco.com sell “flower” also, some interesting Crosses!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hoku is some good stuff.I have a pack of their Lolab AC/DC x Powerberry from Pete Cerveri.He also hooked me up with some Pistil Positive Luana F2s.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure THCa being treated as hemp is why I’m not in jail right now, 27 plants in my house that caught fire(fire unrelated to grow) 7 of them were almost halfway through flower. No charges even filed.

5 Likes

I stopped in a local pipe shop yesterday. Was looking around and got to talking with the worker. They had thca bud for sale. Had a container with about half a pound in it. Deli style.

Smelled like weed to me. They want $30 for a half quarter. I didn’t buy any. We don’t even have medical in my state. I’m debating if I should get some thca seeds and grow outdoors next year. Lol

How is this legal? Or is it?

Maybe they are spraying THCA onto CBD flower.

1 Like

maybe some companies but the ones Im about to recommend are 100 percent not doing that.

Its literally just normal ganja. haha, im typing a big reply to put in my two cents about thca but I just had to reply to ur message rq

1 Like