The Tardis-jacks rainbow 🌈

Lantern came. Time to take the glass out. If my mate the painter turns up tonight might give it a cheeky spray then put the glass back in

5 Likes

Gotta cut the square on my very nerve-wracking table saw if doom. And then drill the 4" hole for the vent. Which I wanna cap with the lantern but in a way it can release the air

3 Likes

Cut to size and hole cut for the duct collar. Sealed with a clear silicon will still fasten with machine heads but you get the idea.

5 Likes

It may be rough now but it will hide well. Once fixed and filled. Another step up after and then some compound mitres for the roof pitch

6 Likes

sooooo fucking sweet!

are you gonna get a name plate for it or anything?

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought about it really. Was considering what I could do as that kinda touch. A kind of built in memory of plaque would be a nice touch

Painting the inside black after food

4 Likes

That would be sweet in place of the call box sign

1 Like

It really would. then that is what shall be there :grin: cheers again guys. You truly are making the whole process a pleasure

5 Likes

My paint guy should’ve gone to specsavers. That’s grey AF. Still like it though

9 Likes

That paint is obviously still drying??? It’s looking mint. :+1:

1 Like

It is on that pic yeah mate. To be fair it’s only really the floor that you will still see. But it will have a few coats either way bro

3 Likes

I wasn’t trying to pick fault mate I hope you know that :rofl: obviously this project has more meaning to you than any other so I’ve no doubt it will be 100% perfect. :trophy::popcorn:

2 Likes

I was only posting it wet for some clarity that that is definitely grey :rofl: I don’t get offended easily mate. I’ll get some more pics of the Inside when dry and even to satisfy your inner tradesman :wink::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Grey is the best Base coat primer colour you can use. If your unhappy with how the colour dries then you have the perfect canvas to apply another colour over. You never get the true effect of it until it’s fully dried. It always looks much darker :+1:

3 Likes

I am a painter and decorator by trade mate :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl: shit aye I forgot. Got a lot going on in my life at the moment and non of it good so please excuse my memory :+1:

1 Like

You’re excused bro :rofl: hopefully life picks up for you soon. It’s a funny old thing init. Without shit times we would never appreciate the good that follows

3 Likes

A bit of a flatter finish although not perfect…yet. I hope the stickers come soon

7 Likes

This would also be a pretty Epic sticker to get made

or get the Bad wolf grafitti added to the paint job :smiley:

So far im super impressed by your detailed work, love the lantern and can’t wait to see it done!
Geeking out here :smiley:

2 Likes

Measured 500x500mm
Marked a X so I had centre lines for each triangle. Then measured 11Β° either side of those lines which in turn gave me the cut lines for the pitch of roof I wanted.

Cheers @Palindrome im loving the build so far although this bits tricky.

6 Likes