The Ultra-Low Tolerance Thread

Count me in! I give away 90% of what I grow, because I barely need any to get high. It’s refreshing to be in such good company! :wink:

15 Likes

This is actually a really great topic, and thanks to @cogitech for starting it.
As per

There’s no buying or selling involved. Even though you guys live in sensible(legal) areas, if the sensibility(legality) was reversed, I wouldn’t imagine there could be a problem (newcomers opinion fwiw).

4 Likes

I hope all is well with your people. See ya down the road…

5 Likes

My Psychologist client told me once that our body has memory responses. I had a really awful experience once when I took one to many over the counter sleeping pills. I think it was Unisom. Woke up in the middle of it doing it’s job which is to depress your motor skills. Felt like I couldn’t breathe and was swallowing and choking on my tongue throwing me into a very close to calling 911 panic attack. Every time now if I smoke a strain of weed that affects my motor skills. I instantly start having the same symptoms as the sleeping pill incident and have a panic attack. I can’t touch a benadryl (same exact drug as Unisom just different use and packaging) or a sleeping aid. So my body associates anything affecting my motor skills in even the slightest as something terrible and throws me instantly into panic mode. The point of my long ass rambling stoner story is…I believe that’s what happened to you.

10 Likes

Wow, great topic! I’m glad I’m not alone either. I hit does it for me now to.
I smoked constantly my entire youth and could never understand people greening out around me, then I took almost a 20 year break. I started smoking again about 4 years ago and do so nightly but i still can’t handle more than a couple. One is perfect.
I always thought it was because your brain builds more receptors or something the more you smoke? Kinda like how a lot of people don’t get high the first time they smoke because they have to “prime the pump”. Anyway I figure after all these years my brain still has a lot of receptors and a low tolerance. Just a thought but it could be I’m just in a different mental state. I used to be carefree, now i am not with family and responsibilities.
I know I tried acid once for about 5 years :laughing: but i don’t think i could handle it now, I have to many demons. Might be similar, all I know is a nice heavy indica quiets the mind so I can relax for an hour or two and get a good nights rest. I do wish I could sit down and enjoy a jay though.

11 Likes

I’m not sure if I am a lightweight or have low tolerance or not, but I do know that I am really sensitive to many strains. This has also happened with age. I absolutely love cannabis, but I just don’t like to smoke it nearly as often as I use to. You’ll never catch me doing a wake and bake and when I do I always regret it. I generally only partake in the evening after everything is done for the day and I have me time and end up smoking just enough to get high. I know many people who just constantly smoke. Just seems wasteful to me now as once you’re high, you’re not gonna get higher so why bother? lol
Not to mention, after 30 years of smoking, sometimes I’m really not in the mood to cough. And I always do. You’ll also never really seeing me tote it around with me. It pretty much stays at home. I have more herb than I could possibly smoke, I give lots away and I still grow the stuff.

10 Likes

Seeds are legally sold as souvenirs in most countries, I’m not too sure that’s all countries though?

2 Likes

I know this is a different subject, but I was reading about someone having a similar experience whilst on Dmt.
The man was having a hard time breathing and he was gasping and choking during his trip.
It turned out that when the man was born the umbilicle cord was wrapped around his neck and he was remembering that!
It was quite an interesting read.

5 Likes

Indeed. However, I am going to send him cured buds. A bit different. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know it’s legal where you are, but is against the TOS. Just keep it in PM please. :wink:

5 Likes

Roger that. I do wonder, though, if the TOS could be modified to take into account the new laws in Canada?

But that’s a tangent - I’ll just keep it private.

5 Likes

Ok I’m coming out of the closet so to say … yes I’d consider myself a light weight as well 3-4 pulls off my bubbler gets me into the zone probably can’t even smoke 1/2 of a J to tell the truth my initial interest in this fine flower was actually to help with the wife’s neuropathy pain she has in her feet so I make ointment as well given some to friends here and there they seem to love it, will probably start dabbling in tincture and make edible forms as well still haven’t made those "special " brownies yet where I work and have as a job I really have to watch it so my consumption is quite low compared to others hell I probably grow at a fraction of what others grow at here on OG but I truly believe this amazing plant needs descheduled keeping fingers crossed that someday it will happen!

14 Likes

Well, I definitely dont fit in this category normally. That being said, I got the flu a couple if weeks ago and couldn’t smoke. Needless to say after a week of no smoking, I had a significantly lower tolerance.

10 Likes

I’ve found my place <3

Glad to see other people in the same boat. I have friends who still try and outsmoke each other, I just feel baffled that I can’t handle half a small J, let alone blunts.

Had a bad panic attack from some sativa cbd that I stuck in my vaporiser a couple years back. Couldn’t enjoy getting high for a long time but I’ve mostly recovered, no more major anxiety but I still go from a happy place to an unhappy one quite easily.

Most of the time I mix some indica with some pre-vaped bud and that’s usually an enjoyable chill out for me. I’m growing a pure cbd now to give that a bash and see how things go.

11 Likes

Not being funny or anything but I can’t understand how anything would affect you with you taking 200mg of Seroquel every night. I know meds affect everyone differently but they are something else.

2 Likes

Wife used to be on 200mg at her highest, zombie like status during the day and speech slurring (totally unintentional, just a strong dose for her)

It’s true that it affects people differently.

Under her new doctors guidance she is SLOWLY weaning her dosage down, to see if she still needs it. She’s down to 100mg a day now and her speech slurring and zombie status has improved.

7 Likes

I used to get a few 200mg tabs off an old friend a good few years ago for when I was having a bad time sleeping, I used to just nibble a tiny bit as I found out a full one would fk u right up.
I had been drinking as well which probably made it worse.
I ended up sleeping at my mates that night until the night after I was sooo sleepy.
I wanted to go home but every time I was focusing my mind to get up, my body was still asleep.
That’s the best way I can describe it.
I was crawling around I was that fkd :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
And the dry mouth is sooo fkn bad too.

Drier than @Ghandisflipflop :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Been trying to replace them with edibles, but those leave me in a worse zombie state in the morning. The Cherry Tart has put me to sleep on the couch two nights in a row, bonus. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

I ate a few canna caps the other night and slept for nearly 2 days :sweat_smile: I had the best sleep ever. I was lovely and mellow when I woke up. I forgot I’d even had them until I looked at my phone and watched my half pissed self eating them and showing the camera my green tongue :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
The weird thing was that when I was up and about I never smoked a cigarette or even thought about rolling a joint for a few hours.

5 Likes

Fellow low tolerance smoker/grower here. I do believe for me it’s a brain association thing. Ive a couple panic attacks after getting too high. Im searching for the right strain because i do miss smoking more than one or two hits. After the initial high tapers off im usually good to toke a little more.

5 Likes