The Ultra-Low Tolerance Thread

Personally sativas typically dont bother me that much. Indicas make me feel too “stoned” as where the sativas seem to fit my personality more. Im growing deadlights by TGA now. A high cbd sativa dominant strain.

5 Likes

I smoked weed by the bale between the ages of 17 and 31 and quit suddenly for a new job in the mining sector, 5 years later when i was made redundant for being injured, i just cant do it physically or mentally.

I try now and then to smoke to make sleeping easier but a quarter cone will have me busting a lung and coughing it out my nose then being so stoned my brain doesn’t function right, wallet in the fridge, milk in the washing machine type stuff.

Of course thats with the buds grown with love at home. If i puff some of the local commercial pgr grown shit when passed a joint when im out drinking it doesnt seem to effect me at all other than the coughing part. Normally i dont bother any more and if needed having a gummy bear works a treat.

9 Likes

Whew edibles! I can’t tolerate them in the least! First of all, they just get me too loaded. I don’t make them myself so only dog knows what strain they were made with (usually Indicas that are really tough for me anyway),made some sativa butter once… worst high I’ve ever had! They upset my stomach, give me the shits and I can’t seem to control the dosage at all (no matter what it says on the package) and last but not least, I can’t stand being high for hours on end. lol

7 Likes

I am the same way. I smoked heavily as a kid. I stopped as an adult. Now that I am older, with lots of injuries, I tried to start smoking again. It puts me way to deep in my head and I start thinking about all of the things that have happened in my life. How I should have done this or that. I can not do it with most of the strains. I have found though, if I make tincture, I can smoke a little of the used cannibas. There is still enough thc for me to get high but it does not put me in to my head. I also grow my own, secretly, and have more than I know what to do with. I make some edibles with the tincture but have to be very careful how much I eat. A quarter inch piece will help me sleep but anything bigger will keep me up all night worrying.

8 Likes

Have you tried Sativa dominant hybrids? I get too stuck in my head with Indicas. They just don’t do my depression and anxiety any good. For me the Sativas take me outside of myself and help me focus outward. Much better and happier!

6 Likes

@Tiler02 @Meesh

I know how you two feel. This is why I eat mushrooms. They help me out a lot.

7 Likes

Yes, I have. It did not make a lot of difference.

2 Likes

Very interesting discussion! Thanks to everyone who is replying. I am sorry I haven’t been more involved in my own thread as I am dealing with the death of a good friend.

Just a quick note about a couple of points. For me, edibles are tolerable in moderate dosage. I find that the very slow onset allows me to “ease into” the buzz without it overwhelming me. At higher dosages, the “easing into” never stops and then I am way higher than I want to be, for way too long. So edibles are safer as long as the dosage is right. Less is more.

Next point; alcohol. I find that if I have had 2 or 3 drinks, I am far more likely to “relax into” my high instead if getting all neurotic. This sometimes makes me think I have a borderline issue with alcohol. But I often go days or weeks without drinking and it doesn’t bother me. It just concerns me that when I get a bit too high my first urge is to have a strong drink - or even smoke a cigarette (which I gave up many years ago)- to calm myself down. It is like I just have a massive amount of energy that I don’t know what to do with. But not energy, really. More like anger mixed with melancholy mixed with passion mixed with frustration… If I could bottle it, nobody would buy it.

11 Likes

Booze is a very potent anxiolytic, most people who drink regularily are self-medicating to an extent, myself included, for sure.

5 Likes

Just found out the other day my deadlights is a female. Pretty excited to try this stuff out. Also have pennywise growing also from TGA. Along with red cherry berry x remedy from @cannabissequoia. Hopefully i will find some well balanced budz

8 Likes

My “babies momma” was never without her waterline. We met in Albuquerque where at the time(mid to late 90’s) weed was dirt-cheap. Fast forward 2 years 1 kid and a 600 + mile move to Illinois where weed was not $40 an oz and I had to constantly remind her you only get so high. After that your just working on a good nap. In my teens 20’s Id smoke about an 8th a day now a 1\4 Lb last me almost a year. Lol I don’t think it’s potency matter of fact I love the dank dark Indicas. I think for me it just slowed with age. I love smoking, I love everything about this plant. But as a grower/gardener/just plane ass plant freak. I get more satisfaction watching it grow. For a multitude of reasons, mainly because I know how it was grown, what it was fed, ect but also because I think it’s a beautiful plant. I think I got a little off topic but I don’t think potency matters one way or the other, well unless it’s that citrusy black Mexican that you spend a week and 2 grinders breaking it up weak. I think (can’t believe I’m about to type this) maturity has 90% to do with it for me. Happy growing

9 Likes

I think we’re related.

4 Likes

Not me but I am sure as shit jelous! Some days I need to stop and think if I’m even ripped or not.

2 Likes

Used to be back in the day that most herb was on the mild side. Like 4%, and upward of 8% THC was really good. Most of them were sativa landraces from Mexico, Africa, Colombia or Thailand. They were cerebral. You could smoke a whole joint with friends taking a few hits.

The strains I smoke most now are more mild. I can control the high better. They are landraces that I smoked back in the day. If one hit is not enough, I take another. My Durban Poison landrace is one hit. The THCv blocks the THC for about a half hour and then it hits me. So I wait a half hour before a second hit, if needed. Its speedy and uplifting, but not rushy or pushy. My Lebanese landrace is one or two hit stuff. I have not built up any tolerance to the Lebanese for some reason. Lebanese is fairly high in CBD, which tempers the THC.

Mild herb tokers unite!

11 Likes

Last night, I just smoked the Lebanese line from blue hemp. First time trying it. I’m not sure if you’ve tried it… I wouldn’t call that one potent, but it’s definitely more psychoactive than I expected. Very narcotic and deeply relaxing… I can still feel that effect now 12 hours later.

6 Likes

That’s very good to hear. Narcotic and relaxing is just what my head needs.

I’ve got the ACE version and the Blue Hemp x RSC (from a fellow member :wink: ) sprouted and they will be in the ground (outdoors) in another week or so.

4 Likes

I think you’ll like it then. It ranks very high in the anti-anxiety and sleep inducing category for me. Really top notch if you just want a relaxing smoke. And wife fell asleep about an hour earlier than usual… :joy:

6 Likes

Interesting. From what ACE has posted about their Lebanese, the plants vary quite a bit from plant to plant in terms of CBD and THC profiles. Higher levels of CBD will cut down on the effects of THC. So your mileage will vary. I find that the effects are subtle. Also I am screen sifting it to make yellow trichome hash. Now that stuff is one hit for sure. Though two hits will really get me buzzed. And it tastes just like Lebanese hashish. Yummmmmm…

6 Likes

I don’t know enough about the Blue Hemp line, but both of my females were pretty similar in smell and seem to be about the same in effects. I wonder if these were stabilized to a particular pheno, or perhaps the person I got them from has done some of that already. Mine were reproduced from the Blue Hemp line, and not bought directly from them. It is possible that collectors have done some work on them as well.

6 Likes

Blue Hemp is long since defunct. Hard to get any information about them. RSC has had several releases of seeds from Lebanon. They did not stabilize them. The Danes have in-bred a bunch of lines from Lebanon for decades with several varieties resulting. Leb27, Leb30, V1, V2, etc.

From what I have read, the Lebanese lines are of unknown origin. They are similar to other eastern Mediterranean strains from Turkey, Israel, Egypt and Syria. Some say they came from Turkey. Or they came from Greece. Or they are a hybrid of both. Or they are indigenous grown there for thousands of years. They grow them on huge farm plots in Lebanon. So they are “stabilized” as a landrace in Lebanon since at least the 1930s. They throw two phenos, sativa and indica, so in that sense they are still not stable. Some finish in late August or early Spetember, and others finish in late September. That is the same way they grow and harvest in Lebanon though. No one that I know has been able to stabilize any high CBD strain of cannabis in CBD %. Its hit and miss.

So I would say not stabilized or messed with, unless they came from Denmark.

4 Likes