The White - prone to intersex?

I’m not trying to make this about a breeder or seed producer, but I just trashed 3/4 The White x '88G-13/HP for showing clear and unmistakable intersex traits on day 15 of flower. I was skeptical at first as I thought I saw balls early after the flip, but immediately thereafter saw pistils on all plants so gave them some grace to see if maybe it just grew bracts that appear ‘male.’

Sure enough, this morning I went in with the loupe and 3/4 were starting to open and were clearly male. I didn’t see any pollen, but they also get a ton of air movement. I had been hearing that The White throws off lots of intersex progeny, but had hoped I’d avoid such on this grow.

That said, I also appreciate a plant that just takes matters into its own hands in order to get the job done…lol

Anyway, not a flame thread on a breeder, but curious if anyone else has seen this from The White or her children?

5 Likes

A couple of personal anecdotes:

I bought black market “White 99” (C99 x The White). Upon close inspection there were quite a number of male flowers peeking through the buds.

I’ve grown “Walter White” from Mephisto which is Krome’s The White crossed to make it autoflower. I didn’t have any intersex issues and I really enjoy the upbeat buzz it provides.

4 Likes

the white is an s1 of TK right?

2 Likes

I grew out packs of white montage and white apricot sherbet regs with no inner sex issues, but got male flowers on white papaya fems. Also had the same issue with golden papaya, which suggested it was the papaya female bringing this trait, but hard to tell running small populations.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t have any experience with the White but I have 2pks of bodhis White afghani vegging right now. I’ll keep a close eye on them✌🏽

2 Likes

i had the white a few years back. i did a few good sized runs of it, never saw any male appendages

2 Likes