Things that make you go Hmmm

3 Likes

I eat my Chocolate Hobnobs and Digestives frozen. :yum: Chocolate doesn’t go with tea unless its cake :wink:

2 Likes

How much they set you back your side? Mcvities factory is Stockport and that’s a fair journey for a biscuit to travel :joy: I’m not a cake fan really unless it’s made with cannabutter :sunglasses:

2 Likes

$3.20 each at Walmart for hobnobs, digestives and rich tea, so about 1 pound 80p a packet.

1 Like
2 Likes

Are these “hobnobs” and “biscuits” British things?
Are either of them like a Scone?

I’m more into coffee myself… really STRONG coffee to wake up :slight_smile: :coffee:

4 Likes

No biscuits are equivalent to cookies only better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Chewin the Fat is on Netflix…
as well as Still Game :slight_smile:

I’m wishin’ they’d bring back the whole Doc Martin series.

3 Likes

Once again, my daughters make the Christmas season “special”.

See it yet?

17 Likes

Lol nothing wrong with a good meat n two veg :rofl:

3 Likes

7 Likes

I want Machete to read me the Grinch and make me tacos!

10 Likes

Quid here for hobnobs on an average day. Sometimes get them at 50p and that’s from asda (owned by Walmart)

On another note.

Here we have Bohemia cottages local to me. Been standing since 1721…longer than America has even been a thing :joy:

10 Likes

Old world craftsmanship

4 Likes

Looks very Cornish or Welsh

1 Like

I agree in design terms. But it’s actually in stalybridge, Cheshire. Some really good history there. Some odd shit too.

Let me see if I can find you a couple links about the cocker hill grave robbers. The cemetery is on a high banking that actually had a landslide down to the river too. You can still see headstones in the water.

There’s some plague graves there that are actually steps. You literally walk on graves. Makes me feel a touch uncomfortable tbh. Not cos they’re dead or plague graves. Just a respect thing

8 Likes

There you go :sunglasses:

And about the landslide

5 Likes

Loved the seaside villages in Wales and Cornwall, when I visited. Grew up watching shows that “took place” there and always wanted to see them in person, so a few years back (and when I say a “few years” I mean sometime around the Permian era :laughing:) when visiting England (and of course the ancestral homeland “Heaven on Earth” (yes, The Emerald Isle) I made sure to spend a few days in the Southwest.

Edit:
The funniest thing was seeing street signs that were 42 characters long and had only one vowel :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

Aye Ireland is a beautiful place. So is the isle of man :grin: a few parts of Wales are lovely but the accent is awful. Kinda like the scousers :joy: if you like British shows. There’s a program called “brassic” released this year. (Got Michelle keegan in. that’s not why its good. Does help though​:wink:)

Coronation St is my local soap. EastEnders doesn’t get a look in. Can just about tolerate Emmerdale.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Is an actual place name in Wales. Try say it after a spliff or 2 it’s hilarious

4 Likes

Tried watching Coronation Street, cause I am a HUGE Dwarf fan, just couldn’t get into it. Though I did watch the first series of Our Girl and see why you like her, and I remember her from Dwarf (when Lister goes to Coronation Street - Back to Earth). Mostly like the comedies and the Cop procedurals (though not The Bill)

2 Likes