This is 99's Green House

Girl Scout Cookies ready to jar.

Ounces of larf!

8 Likes

:lemon: :herb: :thumbsup: Oh! It is a great thing, the lemon balm, and it does help with anxiety or too much Sativa/THC, and to go to sleep. Don’t be mistaken-- I take it almost every day now. :smile:

The hearing disorders are a separate & additional “layer” of my experience. The ringing “tinnitus” has just increased since childhood. I grew up around loud tools & equipment, spent my young adulthood as a gearhead :race_car:, and then later in life, about 5 years ago got this “hyperaccusis” problem. It’s like subconscious reactions to sound that trigger the fight/flight response. And I have PTSD. So coupled with my other injuries, etc. I cope by “enjoying” the hours of 11pm-4am, the only somewhat quite time here. I’m an expert on acoustic insulation :smile: but I can’t afford much and my living situation is another story… heh. But this is the greenhouse ! :laughing:

Thanks for your kindness. :hugging:

I had no idea what was going on until I saw a TV show by chance:

mods/leaders feel free to edit this away to another better place… my thread, medical club, etc.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

My neighbour likes to feed birds and squirrels… I have about 900 square feet of ground ivy on one of the terrace hills of my backyard. The little fuckers eat at my neighbour’s, and breed in my ivy. The do not come in though, so I haven’t been too aggressive.

I’d poison the lot, but we have a pile of owls living around, feeding off my rats. Would suck to kill some owls due to secondary poisoning.

2 Likes

:thumbsup:

I left a box of rat poison on my kitchen counter & came home to a dog that ate the whole box & needed a few grand in vet. care, months of Vitamin K treatment. The common poison now is an anti-coagulant. Nasty. :skull_crossbones: My first credit-card debt! :thumbsup:

Check youtube for trap ideas… I’m probably going to try the ‘pitfall’ or bucket trap.

1 Like

That’s terrible about the dog. My parents lost two english Springer spaniels to rat poison - by the time they realized what happened, it was too late and nearest vet was 4 hours drive away.

I dont think mechanical traps will do a dent in my situation. There are literally dozens upon dozens of rats. I may need to burn the ivy down…

Excellent. Get a 55 gallon drum & fill it 1/3, suspend a bait over the top. the bait is on a roller so they fall in. squeaking mouse about to drown attracks more. they attract even more. by the morning you’ll have rat stew. or so i hear.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll need to JFGI this trap so that i can visualize the roller part…

Sunlight is around 13 hours, but night temps are cold. I somewhat expect these to go all season.

Great to be back in the garden.

14 Likes

:smile: And happy to see you there too.

I also have used the 4-wheel greenhouse. :wink: :blue_car: (built-in HVAC!)

6 Likes

Back in business!!

Can’t wait!

6 Likes

Last year, this Burbank Plum tree overhung the green house and so a pruning was in order. The fruit trees to the right are all supposed to be kept pruned as dwarf trees.

The can take it.

Lot’s of clouds. Was hoping to get some more sun light. Major rain tonight.

It’s just a little early out here.

These plants were from a brother’s grow locally. He’s running my Tin Foil Forest for a couple a seconds while I finish my growing pains indoors.

@Muleskinner has once again generously donated to the cause.

This is something called North Star. Its all alone.

Back-ups are on the way.

12 Likes

Looks like a really great spot there! Jealously waiting for June here lol

3 Likes

Last summer, we had a lot of cloudy days here.

This year, we have a little back-up plan.

My nephew built this for me and I hope it will help fill in the gaps.

For now, I’ll turn it on manually when needed.

14 Likes

Hi @99PerCent good to see you back in your greenhouse.

That light is a great idea,

Relying upon Mother Nature exclusively can lead to heartache and despair.

Best of luck with the upcoming season’s grow.

5 Likes

Thanks grow-bro.

Was also thinking of using it for the next couple of weeks to extend daylight. We’re under 14 hours, and these things could flip on me.

11 Likes

:sunrise: Ahhh My mornings are getting better already! :smile: Your greenhouse is my morning medicine!

I was worrying about the same issue just a minute ago… I can’t easily get power or light to my backyard garden & have shortened daylength to 15 hours for my transplants(in the closet), but past experience tells me they will start to flower & then veg again with few staying vegging. This is a month-long setback IMO & would really like to have things harvested in September instead of October…

Solar patio spotlights seem like my only affordable option if any.

Sorry to ramble. heh

Glad your winter project is over. :tools:

5 Likes

As long as you are over 14 hours, I think the plants will continue to veg.

4 Likes

Dang. Just checked the calendar website & it’s saying May 7th for here. :unamused: Really need to get off the :zap: electrical though…

2 Likes

21 Likes

Very nice. Looks like a painting.

5 Likes