Spraying Colloidal Silver

I am starting my reversal tonight for my w.w.northern lights hybrid. Northern lights auto should give me plenty of photoperiod seeds.

12 Likes

The Widow will be flowering around 5weeks when the northern lights are just about ready for pollen. Im treating just two branches for reversal. The Widow has been in 12/12 for ten days and has pistils on all branches . So in three more weeks the N.L. auto should be starting to pre flower and then in another 2 ready for pollen.The nl is 2 weeks old from seed …How’s my timeline. First time feminizing an auto.

4 Likes

Will you be storing any pollen?

3 Likes

O.k. 99…I’ll revers the whole thing…My local outdoor farming community wants in on some…lock in your fem seeds.Will have to store some…

1 Like

Just asking. No need to sell the farm (old expression)

1 Like

On the 42nd and 43rd parallel Outdoor flowering happens way late sometimes…Will store some just because…

1 Like

I love it, do it all the time. It is amazing to watch 1 year old pollen “go to work.”

1 Like

Good call on reversing the whole thing. From my understanding the plant itself gets very stressed so when the plant that spreads the pollen also receives seeds, those seeds are more prone to issues like hermaphroditism. So best to have the whole entire plant reverse

3 Likes

Consider it done sprayed the whole thing…

2 Likes

C.S. generators are the cats meow.

1 Like

i’m not sure i believe that… silver doesn’t stress it, just inhibits ethylene production.

@itza419 i think its better to start spraying 5 days before flip. that way the first flowers it creates are male. for autoflowers its suggested to begin at 5 inches tall.

4 Likes

Ah alright I’ve got my foot into breeding but currently I am not interested in reversing although no issues with it, its what got me started into the breeding world and now I am interested in more than cannabis breeding, including animals and its very similar ! I just remember a video I doubt its on youtube anymore… I may have used the wrong word by saying stressed, but the way it was explained is that was not the sole reason for spraying the whole plant, just making sure it did reverse and produced enough pollen etc.

The way i understood it , is that when the same plant that reversed was seeded because it was reversed it altered it a bit making more hermaphrodites from seed if off that plant, but if the same strain another clone beside it was seeded and it was not reversed the hermaphroditism rate from the reversal process is suppose to be much lower. Hard to say unless several people test it though right ? interesting to see if anyone has had this experience or has an opinion on it.

i’d rather have S1s (selfed) of some clone only cut lol than an R1 (reversed) cross i think. but now i’m curious, would it still be considered selfing if you took 2 clones from the same mother, reversed 1 and pollinated the other? if you are using stable genetics to begin with (have stress tested the mother) and self it with silver it should be as stable as the original genetics

From marijuana botany - robert connell clarke (trigger warning: wall of text)

i) Sex -
Attempts to breed offspring of only one sexual type have led to more misunderstanding than any other facet of Cannabis genetics. The discoveries of McPhee (1925) and Schaffner (1928) showed that pure sexual type and hermaphrodite conditions are inherited and that the percentage of sexual types could be altered by crossing with certain hermaphrodites. Since then it has generally been assumed by researchers and breeders that a cross between ANY unselected hermaphrodite plant and a pistillate seed-parent should result in a population of all pistillate offspring. This is not the case. In most cases, the offspring of hermaphrodite parents tend toward hermaphrodism, which is largely unfavorable for the production of Cannabis other than fiber hemp. This is not to say that there is no tendency for hermaphrodite crosses to alter sex ratios in the offspring. The accidental release of some pollen fro predominantly pistillate hermaphrodites, along with the complete eradication of nearly every staminate and stami- nate hermaphrodite plant may have led to a shift in sexual ratio in domestic populations of sinsemilla drug Cannabis. It is commonly observed that these strains tend toward 60% to 80% pistillate plants and a few pistillate hermaph- rodites are not uncommon in these populations.
However, a cross can be made which will produce nearly all pistillate or staminate individuals. If the proper pistillate hermaphrodite plant is selected as the pollen- parent and a pure pistillate plant is selected as the seed- parent it is possible to produce an F1, and subsequent generations, of nearly all pistillate offspring. The proper pistillate hermaphrodite pollen-parent is one which has grown as a pure pistillate plant and at the end of the sea- son, or under artificial environmental stress, begins to develop a very few staminate flowers. If pollen from these few staminate flowers forming on a pistillate plant is applied to a pure pistillate seed parent, the resulting F1 generation should be almost all pistillate with only a few pistillate hermaphrodites. This will also be the case if the selected pistillate hermaphrodite pollen source is selfed and bears its own seeds. Remember that a selfed hermaphrodite gives rise to more hermaphrodites, but a selfed pistillate plant that has given rise to a limited number of staminate flowers in response to environmental stresses should give rise to nearly all pistillate offspring. The F1 offspring may have a slight tendency to produce a few staminate flowers under further environmental stress and these are used to produce F2 seed. A monoecious strain produces 95+% plants with many pistillate and staminate flowers, but a dioecious strain produces 95+% pure pistillate or staminate plants. A plant from a dioecious strain with a few inter- sexual flowers is a pistillate or staminate hermaphrodite. Therefore, the difference between monoecism and her- maphrodism is one of degree, determined by genetics and environment. Crosses may also be performed to produce nearly all staminate offspring. This is accomplished by crossing a pure staminate plant with a staminate plant that has pro- duced a few pistillate flowers due to environmental stress, or selfing the latter plant. It is readily apparent that in the wild this is not a likely possibility. Very few staminate plants live long enough to produce pistillate flowers, and when this does happen the number of seeds produced is limited to the few pistillate flowers that occur. In the case of a pistillate hermaphrodite, it may produce only a few staminate flowers, but each of these may produce thou- sands of pollen grains, any one of which may fertilize one of the plentiful pistillate flowers, producing a seed. This is another reason that natural Cannabis populations tend toward predominantly pistillate and pistillate hermaphro- dite plants. Artificial hermaphrodites can be produced by hormone sprays, mutilation, and altered light cycles. These should prove most useful for fixing traits and sexual type.

2 Likes

Yes thats what I mean! your still getting the technically S1’s because its a clone of the same strain! In theory it would make the genetics stronger! (IF IF IF what i said was true that Reversing could alter the seeds from that plant but not of a clone beside it that wasnt reversed (if that makes sense lol ) Somtimes hard to explain in text but I am more so curious if its true and is better than preaching that its a true fact but just thought id mention that !

Edit; Ment to add it could alter the seeds brining out the hermie trait Not the CS causing the seeds to be hermie

I see The Change already starting…13-1/2 dark period 8th day…No visual stress thus far.

2 Likes

On the average, how many days do you treat a plant with Colloidal silver? I am on day 12 only to use the rest of this batch of Colloidal silver. I’m sure that it has been reversed.Thanks in advance.

We will see the difference between day 8 and day 12 when lights are on…So again here is day 8…Does anyone else see the Change?

Day 12 is further down the post.

1 Like

Once you see the pollen sacs start growing your good. At least from my experiences

4 Likes

Under the magnifying glass it’s more clear.I always spray for 20 days even after pollen sacs are formed…Some folks have reported that you must spray until thy start to crack. My Colloidal silver generator uses 10 gauge wires so I end up with 20 ppm when checking witht a tds meter. So it’s definitely over 40 ppm.If not more…Tds meters read very LOW.I make it running 2 hrs at 82 degrees.24 volt DC power supply.One quart jars at a time…

1 Like

Well I’m sure there will be more qualified persons that will respond but ya I wait til I can see the pollen sacs clearly with the naked eye usually no longer than 21 days. Then wait until they swell and pop but some don’t fully open so I cut them open and use them like a little brush or collect the viable pollen to dust over all the plants

2 Likes