Three FogDog Night.../ Gator pops his cherry

Hey everyone, I’m stoked to start my first grow on here and I felt it was only right to grow the first seeds ever given to me here on OG. Yep I’m sure you all have some now and you know what member I’m talking about. So a Huge thank you to @corey! The first member to gift me seeds (FogDog) so this grow is for you my friend Thank you. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

This works out great because one of my main reasons for coming to OG was my interest in autos. Plus I’m an old hydro guy converting over to organic soil. I’ve grown some autos but the only ones I liked was Barneys farm Runtz. Not a big yield but tasty. I like to experiment a lot because I like to see it to believe it. So here’s the plan. I have three separate grow environments and we will see what we get.

FogDog A: 18/6 light cycle 100w HLGv2 the veg spectrum
FogDog B: 18/6 light cycle 200w California light works 250
FogDog C: 12/12 light cycle 450w California light works 500

All will be in 3gal using Build a soil lite,worm castings and BAS amendments.

Here’s what I found on the genetics. Atlas Seed - FOG DOG - 3 Feminized Autoflower Seeds - Hembra Genetics Collection

My goals are simple. Grow great smoke and enjoy the show. I Love this plant and I know you all do to. It has powers most will never know, But for the ones it has touched it’s a savior. So please feel free to interact here, this is a place for all of us. Let’s Grow!

28 Likes

Good luck with your grow

4 Likes

seeds hit the water on January 1st.

13 Likes

Thanks you’re fast. I haven’t even finished uploading the pictures. :crocodile::+1:

1 Like

To stay in line with the respect to the OG family I’m going to do @JohnnyPotseed tech for germinating the seeds. I am just using a small Dollar store aluminum container since I’m only popping three. But it’s still straight worm castings

12 Likes

You are off to a great start.
I really like Johnny’s germination method :+1:

Hint: Save & top dress the leftover EWC into the containers.

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Yep for sure. :+1:

5 Likes

Great idea there @Gpaw. That is why I didn’t try it. They are costly. I didn’t know how long you can use them.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Nothing like fresh for max impact!
I went a week this summer and it was fine. I even left the unpopped beans in there… :laughing:… just in case…

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Great experimental approach! Any guess which lighting configuration will yield the greatest results?

This will be interesting.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your grow with us, I will be watching it till the finish! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So in theory the higher wattages should yield more. That is why I use the longer light cycle with the lower wattage. This way they all have a chance to do well. I like to experiment and find out for myself what works. The 200 w is my dedicated auto tent. The 100 w is my veg but it’s not in use right now. The 450 is my flowering tent. The only thing I’ve seen in my short experience with autos is that you really never know what you’re going to get. So I guess they’re like a box of chocolates. Thanks for stopping by this will be fun.

4 Likes

Thanks for checking it out. This will be fun.

I’m sorry I didn’t follow up with what I do with the WC after the germination! Of course, I always just mix it into my potting mix for new plants! There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the WC lol it’s a bit wet/damp, but if you let it dry first then just crumble it up into the mix, all good.

5 Likes

Great strain to give it a go with there cuz. Good growing vibes in the air to you!!

5 Likes

Thank You. I wasn’t sure if you use it for multiple starts for a certain length of time. Would a batch lat a week or a month.

5 Likes

Awesome, Fog It up…

4 Likes

Idk if you have seen from other post of people growing fog dog …she does like to stretch a lot so maybe some possible lst on one !?
Good luck brother !

3 Likes

Sounds like a great plan @OldGator! I will have my eyes :banana:

4 Likes

Over 50 going now, robust little creatures. Deep dark green seedlings.
Will be watching yours as can’t see mine, there in michigan in a barn all lonely without me!
But there in Octopots and they are liking it!

5 Likes