TIL - Today I Learned

My favorite thread on Reddit (if only thread I read on Reddit) is the TIL, so I figured it’d be a fitting addition.

Today I learned that NASA uses General Hydroponics nutrients, and I am still hella surprised.

15 Likes

Why is that surprising?

2 Likes

Because there are innumerable nutrient companies, so i expected it be a brand I wasn’t so familiar with.
If I held the contract for supplying NASA with hydro nutes, I would have it written on every bottle I sell. Lol

4 Likes

They have been using their products for years and years just like the majority of large commercial vegetable gardens across the USA.

They are also tied in to Illumitex and their lighting program. The people at NASA are pretty smart.

7 Likes

Didn’t they buy Scott’s Miracle Grow a couple of years ago?

3 Likes

no mircle grow is buying everybody else lol i think Monsanto bought them out but monsanto was bought out by bayer the people who was selling cocaine an heroin as medicine back in the day oh your 2 yr old has a toothache better go down to ye olde soda shoppe an buy good ol bayer heroin tooth ache medicine bayer creating drug addicts since the beginning of time

7 Likes

I have a cerificate of recognition from NASA.

Til, not to use a clorax wet wipe for toliet paper. ( bet you didn’t expect those two statements in the same thread) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

Actually the real story is Hawthorn Gardening Co. purchased General Hydroponics. Hawthorn Gardening Co. is a subsidiary of Scott’s Miracle-grow which has a licensing agreement with Monsanto for Roundup in the home and garden market. That means Scott’s distributes the non-commercial version of Roundup. They are not the same company, nor does Monsanto own either.

All of this information is easily obtainable for anyone wanted to research it.

12 Likes

well that my til for the day XD

1 Like

Today i learned about using a metronome for hand watering!

5 Likes

to time it im guessing

1 Like

Maybe it was the other way around. I won’t use anything from Monsanto. They killed my parents slowly with benzene leaks at their plant in Texas. They both died of environmentally driven cancer about 4 mos apart.

1 Like

wtf. Man that’s fucked up. Sorry to hear that, my condolences. I got to go inside one of Monsanto’s r&d facility’s. They were growing colored cotton back than among other things.

4 Likes

They make the most deadly, vile chemicals. There are daily “accidental releases” of carcinogens. if you live close to or work at the plant you have low level exposure over long periods of time…Cancer!

5 Likes

This is why i preach notill and natural farming.
Really sorry to hear man.

5 Likes

sarcastic text _You crack me up! What does Monsanto have to do with hydroponic growing?:joy: _ just given you shit.

2 Likes

It was just a casual conversation with very few shits given by the participants of the details. Bottom line…Monsanto…Bad. Organics…Good. Thanks for the fact check tho.

1 Like

I’m very interested in no till and I read your posts about it. Seems like a lengthy process to get ready. No?

1 Like

Maybe by 5 mins because you have to mix amendments in your soil.

TIL to lock the door behind me, otherwise my wife sneaks up and scares me into involuntary topping one of my plants…lol very comical :laughing:

of course I gave it to her and she wore it in her hair :smile: She smell real good!

18 Likes