Tim’s first Vietnamese black grow

I absolutely LOVE bending, pruning and messing with plants, I HOPE they keep me busy.
Also, can I top tropical sativas? Some said they don’t like it and I’m not sure.

2 Likes

why do you have the second bulb unplugged?

oh i see. no i think that’s a good call, especially since you’ll be growing them indoors in a tent.

that’s also mostly what i’ve done with my viet black, although it was mainly to determine sex asap so i know whether it can proceed or not. i’ll be sending it to my outdoor grower buddy in a week or two, and he only wants females.

i actually am not sure on the standards for when you start your veg day count. my count is currently just based on the first day i start germinating the seeds. then i reset my count once i switch to flower. but i suppose our plants have been under 12/12 flower cycle for all their lives, so veg days and flowering days are the same. or rather there are no veg days and it’s all just combined into the flower cycle.

1 Like

as far as i know, it’s definitely recommended to top long flowering sativas. helps create more bush and less tall. i’m experimenting with fimming all of my plants in my second grow. they say it’s supposed to be better than plain topping because you get four growths instead of two? i’m not totally sure.

the only plants that it’s recommended to not top are autos i believe.

2 Likes

Excellent thanks, I thought that sounded weird. I like to Fim sometimes but I have fat fingers so I only do it if a plant is really lopsided. My biggest yeilders outside last year were all fim’d very early and got huge

1 Like

I can’t find Grendel’s grow

1 Like

here’s greandal’s grow.

he has some viet black going outdoors, as well as other varieties. very green thumb.

2 Likes

Bubba kush, diesel and GSC all from growers choice seeds. Twenty’s are tan tens are black.
The top was my first indoor grow. White widow in 5 gallons. And a single Northern lights Auto that went 16 weeks!

12 Likes

damn tim, are these all your grows? looking so damn chonky! did you have a favorite from these? are you gonna throw your vb outdoors then? i imagine it’d be happiest outdoors, but you know best what you’re trying to accomplish with your resources.

3 Likes

I would love to put them outdoors but I’d be afraid to try to move them back in when October comes.
Yes these are all from my first year growing. The Bubba kush was the best high, and the biggest yield, especially the ones that turned purple. The diesel was excellent after three months of curing with a nice relaxing body buzz. I hated the GSC, smelled faintly of fish, got every bug and infestation you could think of and I had to neem oil her one week before flower. I got 1lb from my 20 gallons and 1/2 lb from my tens across all three strains.
I also grew out 18 auto flowers too but they weren’t worth ten cents in my opinion.
I’m thinking now I might just throw the Acapulco gold outside and hope it finishes in early October.

4 Likes

:+1:thanks I was spelling it wrong lol

1 Like

Got Everything in the tent and up and running. Added heat, got a smaller fan, fixed my cords so I can raise and lower the lights easily. Running intake and exhaust fans along with the heater so I know what setting to leave it on. My lights only dim to 50w for a total of 100w in a 2x4 so I’m hoping that won’t be too much at 18”. I plan on putting each under it’s own light.

5 Likes

I think I left air pockets in my soil on the small plant. I should have packed it in a little.

11 Likes

veg week2 day2, transplanted and moved into the 2x4. The small plant has puny roots so I’m surprised it looks as good as it does. Wasn’t droopy until I watered after transplanting.
My outdoor stuff is keeping me busy, should have repotted 2 weeks ago.
Oh. I started out at 18” and 50w each light

15 Likes

I don’t know where to post it but if I have any seeds someone wanted to increase and share I’d be happy To share anything I got

12 Likes

Have you ran any of those tarantula genetics I’ve been hearing good things about there gear @Tim

1 Like

I have 10 Sophie’s strawberry punch and 1 gorilla hands freebie going. I’ve got them outside. I’ll post a pic after work. Germination was 100% on both and they seem vigorous and healthy.

4 Likes

Today is week 6 day 1 veg. Sophie’s strawberry punch and a single gorilla hands.
I was hoping to see sex before I transplant again but no luck yet.

14 Likes

I got heat now so I’m hoping the little one does better. Thanks!

3 Likes

great growing, tim! your outdoor plants are looking so very happy. i can’t wait to see how they progress. i’m glad to see you’re able to clear out a nice space for your vb’s to grow in. and again, i love your clean grow style. even your cables and wires are nicely managed.

that’s amazingly awesome of you to offer your seeds up to people who can do a seed run. i think i already have plans for my next two or three grows (don’t we all?), but that’s very cool of you to put out there. i’m surprised no one’s made moves on that lemon thai ix. if they’re still available in like (checks grow calendar) a year or so, i’d be more than happy to seed run those.

2 Likes

I’ll put them aside highminwin! I’m going to order some more of those soon too.

3 Likes