Timber grow lights "Redwood vs" cobs

Has anybody here ran Timber grow lights redwood vs?
If so how did it perform?
Thanks .
CS

2 Likes

Check out hlg lights. I dont see much people using the cobs anymore. From my research the samsung lm301b diodes are the best most efficient led available. The hlg 600 diy kit is 789. 620 watts with added 660nm red. Rated for up to 5x5 flower. It should rock a 4x4. And it looks like a retard could put it together. No soldering. Screw driver and wire snips is all thats required. Its my next light purchase. There is also the source it yourself builders on here who build bridgelux and solstrip lights that perform as well but require more effort. But, cost considerably less.nPeople on here are cool as hell though and are more then willing to guide you through the build. BTW…welcome to overgrow!

11 Likes

Thank you for the reply, I already bought it and would like to run it a few times , but I’m definitely going to look into the ,thoughtful and very kind reference you gave me, looks like I have more studying to do.
Man this technology changes so fast as soon as you get something it’s obsolete in no time!
Thank you for the kind welcome friend.
CS

4 Likes

Dude…I looked up the timber red wood and its a solid unit. Im sure it will do pretty damn good. It aint cheap either. Lol

3 Likes

It better be lol!!!
Yeah we will see in a few more months I’ll be putting it to the test after finishing the GR.

I’m running a Timber 35900 cob cree. 250 watts. Thing kicks major ass. Already pulled 10 zips in a 3×2 tent with it and, looking to do even better this run with it in a 4×3.

7 Likes

Super recommended, Buy with confidence. Tell Dan I sent you for a good discount.

Sci :robot:

11 Likes

Man! That’s what’s up Seymour I look forward to putting in work with it.

2 Likes

Damn I wish I could have, I bought mine 2 yrs ago!! Just now getting close to being able to put it to work. Lots of life happened and haven’t been able use it as of now. Was just curious on how well it worked and how it yields? When I do start up and get a grow log going gonna run some:

79 Maui Wowie
Or some Screaming Eagle.
Much love OG community keep it coming

3 Likes

I thought for a second this was your address and i was freaking out!

HAHAHAHHA

3 Likes

Timber makes excellent lights.

I bought a 2VL a few years ago that I still use from them.

Shortly after I learned to make my own COBs and that’s mainly what I use now because it’s cheaper but the build quality of the Timber lights is far beyond what I can do. They are well made and can put out some serious photons :+1:

Also they have dynamite customer support via live chat if you have any questions or issues.

2 Likes

Hey @johnsmith2020 welcome to Overgrow if you wish to market your business here please talk to @LemonadeJoe first as there is a proper way to do it :grin: again welcome to Overgrow and look forward to your participation

2 Likes

Cleaned thread.

2 Likes

Thanks for the knowledge