Time to turn on the juice and cut the damn thing loose!

Anything over the $80 tag has got to have a keeper in every pack in my book. But hell, I still pick up packs from Nirvana and KC Brains. $20 and good representations of some classics. Chrystal was one of the stoniest things I’ve grown and it was under $30. I see packs for $300 and even $1000 and just wonder why people pay that… sad they just don’t know any better that they can get the same quality for just a fraction of the cost.

6 Likes

Why are $80 seeds any better than $60 seeds or $35 seeds for that matter. I see seeds on strainly at varying prices. Is it a matter of inventory, breeder name recognition, I can’t figure out what sets pricing on seeds or if it has anything at all to do with quality or viability. Like I’ve said, it’s like rolling the dice! I would rather get seeds from someone who has grown them or personally produced them. Am I spoiled? :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say so! Just educated and well connected!

See, I do understand inventory levels brining some stuff up. The GDP x Oregon Purple Afghani i flowered in a small pot on the side and only got like 35 beans from… I wouldn’t let those go for under $60. But the mom, I pick up a bud and it’s like a little handful of snow. Sparkly frost ball nugs. What I don’t understand is why people aren’t F2ing more rare packs that are extremely limited. F2 is where you’re gonna find the crazy Phenos hiding… not to mention, more beans! Just wish people had more faith in themselves, but it’s easy not to when so many people knock small time crosses as worthless pollen chucking. I’ve gotten some of my best crosses from forum friends just messing around trying to preserve a line or just having some fun. That’s what it’s all about!

As far as seed banks go… I expect a line from a breeder that charges high prices to have the lines throughly tested with solid info on them out in the mainstream.

I don’t know if any of y’all have grown Dynasty Seeds by Professor P but he has some great stuff and gives accurate descriptions of the Phenos you’ll find in his packs and about how likely they’ll come up…

Here’s his report on Lovin Cup:

2 Likes

Absolutely brother! I decided I’m gonna try my hand at “chuckin” in the fall. I like your philosophy on the subject and will emulate what you do when I take the dive into the world of weed sex trafficking! Much Respect…:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

A footnote to this grow. The LA Confidential was puzzling and disappointing. Nothing like any description I’ve ever seen. I mentioned it to @MadScientist who gifted the beans to me. Mad went into action and contacted MSNL to relay my experience and subsequent disappointment. I thought that was the end of it but look what came in the mail today from MSNL! A dozen authentic, genuine LA Confidential seeds. Thanks to my honorable brother @MadScientist and the folks at MSNL. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I love a happy ending, don’t you guys!

HppHrvst :robot:

2 Likes

Sorry bro, please edit the picture so that it doesn’t show your address man! THX

1 Like

I didn’t think you could make it out. I’ll try again. Hell I think everyone in cyberspace has my address by now!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Just trying to protect you bro.

2 Likes

Thanks! I need all the help I can get. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Much better! But now I can’t mail you all the junk mail I had ready for you😉

1 Like