Time to upgrade, LED T5 conversion bulbs?

So the most recent T5 bulbs are dieing one by one… i need a replacement. I have a 4’ 6x bulb T5 assembly i want to swap to LED.

This will be for a seedling/cloning cabinet, 4’x2’x40"tall. The cabinet will be used for a flowering run very shortly, prior to a scheduled shutdown for just a lil bit more stash to put away. But 99% of it’s future usage is seedling/clones.

Many done this bulb swap? What did you find for longevity, imagine the cabinet should run cooler.

Are there a few recommended manufacturers?

What distance from canopy do they require?

3 Likes

I run them real close.

1 Like

SZHLUX Grow Light 4ft 140W (2×70W, 800W Equivalent) Super Bright Full Spectrum Sunlight Plant Light, LED Grow Light Strips, Grow Light Bulbs for Indoor Plants - 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JLJ3D6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_60P1ZXYEJ6BMTXDHFC0V

1 Like

Careful what you buy bought 6 led bulbs to run in a 4 ft t5 HO and they won’t work in my fixture . Being it’s a HO ballast.

3 Likes

Whoops. Im using Luxx clone led and love them. They were cheap at my local hydro store. And easy to install. They can basically touch or up to 12” best

Lol mine are 25.00 for a pair at lowes. 38w

Good tip… i do have a T5HO assembly. I just looked at a local store site (HLG) and they say they are compatible… but at $30 per bloom and $20 per veg bulb i’m quickly realizing an entire new fixture may be a better bet.

Perhaps i should have researched pricing prior to starting this thread, but since were here i guess i’ll ask for advice on a new LED assembly/s to swap into this cabinet…

I’m gonna take a look at HLG tonight, im loving the lights i have in one of my tents and there is a 20% off sale for the holidays. But im unsure if they offer anything i can get close to canopy with.

2 Likes

I picked up a couple of these Honeywell units a while back. They are good for seedlings, but like others have said you will need to keep them close to avoid stretching.

Sams link

Hope this helps.

1 Like

cleat sockets. 5k screw-in led bulbs.

basically nothing to break. replacement bulbs…dirt cheap and ubiquitous.

swap bulbs out for the odd flower run. or not. they all work.

could even run some small autos alongside vegging plants in there. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like