Sprinklememaynee's Silly Grow Adventures

Got a little bit impatient and decided to fim the ketosis and also the ISS X SSH clone. fingers crossed, it is my first time working with clones, and while it was well rooted when put into the tent, Im curious if i rushed the fim.

4 Likes

Not sure how big the clone was when you started it but it looks healthy with lots of new growth so I’d say it will be fine.

Cool, it has grown quite a bit, its been in the tent for a week now.

2 Likes

Decided to defoliate a bunch to ensure that all bud sites were getting as much sun as possible. I have been bringing this ISS into my shed each night and oscillating a fan around it, not sure if it is going to finish before November, but am hopeful each day. Such a treat to grow this one, very thirsty and really bushed out after fimming it.

4 Likes

A little update, started seeing some PM on the CBD Pink Kush, so I panic chopped it last night and wet trimmed it. It is now hanging in the shed, and upon checking this morning, no visible PM. Fingers crossed but will continue to check.

On the other hand, the ISS is starting to get closer, checked on it this morning, did a little bit more defoliation and noticed some really nice purples on some fan leaves.

4 Likes

I seem to be having an issue with getting some seeds to break ground in living soil. I kind of acted on an impulse and popped two seeds that had just cracked in paper towel, into some 3 gallon pots with living soil, covering with plastic wrap and misting.

7+ days now, and no sign of them :frowning:
wondering if sometimes the transition to living soil can kill the seeds.

Regardless, have two more autos soaking now, and hoping to just catch them up to speed and run them through the rest of the cycle with my photos.

Also, added an additional fan into the tent last night, and the girls looked super happy this morning.

A little bit of an update on things up here. The weather really took a turn for the worse, and I had to chop my ISS down, I saw a speck of PM starting on one of the branches, so amputated the branch and did a wet trim. Currently drying out in my diy dry box with a hygrometer. The humidity is pretty high, and i have some passive airflow, was wondering if the high humidity is an issue, been checking it every 12 hours or so, and no other visible pm.

1 Like

On the other hand, the tent seems to be really doing well, after fimming the two photos, they have bounced back, and with some supercropping they are well on track. One of the photo clones (bottom right) has been really taking its sweet time, and wondering about letting it got for another week or so, and then flipping to flower and seeing what happens.

Got a little bit ahead of myself, and after having two autos not start, decided to start a couple more and throw them in and see what happens. A little bit of a science experiment, but curious what will happen to some autos if grown primarily under 12/12. The autos I have added are one more cbd pink kush from seedsman, and a pineapple express auto from budseed.

1 Like

Harvested my outdoor ISS, and my CBD Pink Kush. Currently drying, but when I was trimming I found one nanner on each plant, and got one seed from each. Curious if this is like mild herming or what. I had no males around, and didnt notice the sack until after it was chopped. Both plants were outdoors so I guess the next logical thing is to pop the two mystery seeds hehe

Little tent update for today!

The Ketosis and SSH X NL are doing really, the Bling Cherry x Loctite has been growing in leaps and bounds, I think I was under-watering it, as it seems to be a heavy feeder!

The CBD Pink Kush is coming along, as is the Pineapple Express and the more recent cbd pink kush auto are going. I will leave the tent in veg for another week or so, and then flip. As this is my first time with a tent, I am curious as to what will happen, I have been monitoring the tent as well, as it is in an uninsulated shed, so the room around the tent can get chilly.

Top dressed all of the plants with some more of the Kryptonite Living Soil, to give them a boost through the end of veg and into flower.

Bling Cherry x Loctite catching up after alot of stagnation

SSH X NL having a morning drink after top-dressing before lights out last night

Ketosis just hanging out, I took a clone from it, which seems to be rooting well.

CBD Pink Kush holding its own

the two late additions to the tent, will be interesting to see how they do when I flip the lights to 12/12 in about a week

5 Likes

A bunch of larf and trim from my outdoor ISS ready to be squished!
Unfortunately only ended up with about 25 grams of bud off the plant, but it was quite a learning experience, and also a realization that I could have totally left the plant a little bit longer.

Really nice skunky smell off the bud.
Rosin yielded about 1 gram off of 20 grams of trim/larf

4 Likes

A tiny update, the plants seemed to respond well to my fidgeting and adhd supercropping. Even the little runt is well on its way. Hoping to let them go a couple more days and then flip to flower. Added some more clove and top dressed more soil to get some more nutrients to help them on their way.

3 Likes

4 Likes

LOL, That cat has the “I know I’m going to the vet look”… :grin: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

It’s Steve French!!

1 Like

Flipped the tent to flower a couple days ago, and saw some yellowing in the leaves. I have been using this living soil which is advertised as water only from the start to finish. I was a little bit skeptical, as this is my first grow in living soil. I went out and got some worm castings and top dressed about an inch on top of the soil and watered with some epsom.

Wondering if anyone has any tips about frequency of adding worm castings. I dont want to overdo it, but I most certainly dont want to underdo it.

1 Like

I don’t think you can overdo EWC… :thinking:
The numbers (NPK) are pretty low.

I like to top dress with EWC after every up-pot. I generally stop after hitting mid-flower, no particular reason…

I’m trying a new ‘water only’ this grow as well, I share your skepticism, what you can do in a 7 or 10 Gal. pot doesn’t scale down to 3 & 5s… Maybe topdressing with EWC and some teas will do it.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thanks!

I am going to try my hand at some teas, this whole water only grow seems to break my brains, also I think I am overlooking the fact that I am growing in 3 gallon pots, as opposed to something bigger. My brain keeps convincing me I should do more, but I think i could benefit from a tall glass of leave it the fuck alone hahaha

1 Like

Flowering times have a huge impact on water only pot size too.
Whenever I’ve read info on water only, generally there is an unspoken assumption that the plants have a flowering time of 7~8 weeks, sometimes they declare it but often not.

I have some veg and flower nutriments handy - just in case :laughing: :vulcan_salute:
It’s a cheat, but until you have the strain dialed in, it’s nice to have if the need arises.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Good to know, this is my first time going through it indoors with really small pot sizes. I will go take some pics this evening of their progress.

Thanks for your wisdom!

1 Like