Tiny dried spots

Can anyone identify this leaf damage? They’re dry spots. I tried rubbing off, but they’re in there. I don’t see any bugs, but I’m gonna spray em all later anyway. Thanks.

6 Likes

Thrips probably. Loupe the underside of the leaf.

13 Likes

Most likely thrips. They’d be difficult to see without a scope and hanging on the undersides of the leaves. Good luck.

3 Likes

Agree with thrips … Arriba

9 Likes

Would something like lost coast work or do I need to toss my tent? Thx folks

2 Likes

Citric acid works. Lost coast lists thrips on the front of the label.

1 Like

Early infestation. Chop the damaged leaves off, waste one hour or two googlin “how to get rid of thrips in cannabis plants” and choose the best solution.

Citric acid is a good trend, I never used but seems promising.

Good luck!!

3 Likes

Check out johnnypotseed MTA thread.

7 Likes

Thrips or leaf miners very similar markings on leaves

Captain jacks dead bug on Amazon

7 Likes

Potassium soap foliar spray is a. good, simple and harmless remedy … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

I need to try this Ty my friend

3 Likes

For now, while I’m on lunch, I sprayed every plant in there tops and underneath and my seedlings. Lowered the light strength and just doused it all. I’ll look into that thread after work. I cannot get these in my flower tent!!!

3 Likes

for thrips indoors on vegging plants… best thing I know of is Monterey Garden Spray with Spinosad. I keep it on hand specifically for thrips as they seem to be immune to many instecticide products on the store shelf. I’m in Canada and it’s banned here even though it’s OMRI listed. It’s one of the few things I will order from amazon as I can’t get it otherwise.

7 Likes

If you have gone from this tent into your flower room/tent, I think the damage has already been done. Keep a really keen eye outin there.

4 Likes

I too have had great results with products containing Spinosad. It knocks them right out.

Spray top and bottom of leaves. Repeat a few days later. Do not use on flowering plants.

Captain jacks and Montgomery garden spray contains Spinosad.

2 Likes

I’m a Dr bronners and 70% iso kind of cat. Citric is in the DR bronners as well as oils. It’s also a potassium soap spray. The baby soap kind has no foaming agents. 3-4 Tbs Dr bronners, 4-8 Tbs iso (per gallon) and I go to town! Athena ipm is good for veg but I wouldn’t recommend for flower. And you should be able to spot a thrip or three in the underside as little yellow segments. Much luck and good love :love_you_gesture:t2:

6 Likes

If your flowering room is infected the capt jacks soap spray works great just takes longer

Paps

3 Likes

I don’t think it is and I hope not. I’m just gonna trash everything and start over. I’m too busy to be fighting bugs

1 Like

Aww, thrips are about as easy as fungus gnats!
There’s numerous easy solutions out there.
You really should

I recently went this route for the first time, and was quite satisfied with the results.

Here it is! :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like a worm

4 Likes