Tinytuttles 2020 grow chronicles

As some of you are aware I won’t be growing in my backyard anymore due to unfortunate circumstances but I’m going to move indoors for a bit ,before the time comes to sell the house so Iv been impressed with the wicking cup/pots and I’m going a bit bigger and better design in the whole grow here is a teaser of what’s to come about

36 Likes

Interesting :face_with_monocle: I’ll tag along

7 Likes

The wicking has always intrigued me not practical for me, Jets octo pots either.
Great ideas thou.
I used to run drip systems for when I’d go on vacation but now in no need for automation.
I can leave up to 5-6 days max and not have to worry.
Just something I prefer, more hands on, not begrudgin no one here.

Don’t you guys got water standing where your grow is?

10 Likes

I use the Octopots as well
And I also run moms in small pots so this type is system and the pots he’s using is what I need for the small mom room less work

The Octopots in veg can stay unattended for a good week and no problem

I do need to keep 25 gallons around at all times but 5 gallon bucket in the garage no big
I am going to get a 30 gallon tote as a rez soon

10 Likes

Seedlings are about 5 days old germination was excellent planted a couple extra ti ensure something was going to pop through

8 Likes

Planted a little 12 seed cover crop to gets some diversity going and some N fixation

9 Likes

Front two pots are Sebring revenge , BL is a crackleberry CB IS JUNGLE spice 7-Eleven, BR IS A DBHP

9 Likes

I want to keep on the Sebrings Revenge see what she’s all about.

5 Likes

A good vid of no till https://youtu.be/ntJouJhLM48

4 Likes

Hi @Tinytuttle I use the same size pots to keep moms in I think I’m going to barrow this idea from you
? Have you tried this. before
Is it working out well for you
I am definitely going to do this I should be ready to up pot next week gives me time to get the wick
I figured the basin And peg board I can get at Home Depot or something like that
The wick on amazon
Anything else
Some ambition and a joint

4 Likes

Cotton rope will work the same as a wick

6 Likes

Thanks bro this is going to be a big help I’m planning to go to hemp fest and this for my moms gives me some freedom for a little get a way lol

5 Likes

The wicking seemed to do well for me on a 16 oz cup plant I did earlier in those sized, I used mason cord pot wick size In those cups , wick is determined by pot size I’m upping up pot sized to about a quart in volume I’m still beta testing stuff and experimenting more than anything pegboard is just scrap I had lying around May not be the best option I’d prefer metal wire racks or something similar in

6 Likes

I like nylon won’t break down like cotton and is still very good at capillary action.

5 Likes

Taking these from Ed Rosenthal book on wick sizes I layed a looped wick at right angles to the adjacent wick brought up two with 2” from the top of the soil.

15 Likes

This is going to be cool!!! Thanks for bringing us along. Glad to see you on your horse Pal.

K.

5 Likes

Instead of the peg board I was thinking more of a dark color plastic solid ( keep all light out of the roots ) drill holes only were needed and put in a float and a fill hole with a cork

Edit idea two basins one on top upside down and clamp down like an I closed box

5 Likes

Love the idea ! I’m thinking about using some foil to help keep the light off.

4 Likes

Here’s my red neck upgrade too the syten with a bit of straw in the pot top to help with moisture retention at the soil interface and to help germ the cover crop.

12 Likes

Boy the shit I used to get off a certain individual for the plant not centered in the pot.
LoL LoL
It don’t matter none they’re still gonna fill the pot with roots

10 Likes