Tips for Macro shooting

This topic is split from LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 :monkey::

Please continue discussion about Tips for Macro shooting hereā€¦

1 Like

The photos of the seedling sprouting is awesome!

I wish I could take close ups or any photo as nice as you do.

7 Likes

Lol of course you can. I just take a lot of pictures of the same thing and pick one that just ā€œlooks rightā€ā€¦The more pictures I take the better chance I get one with the right focus/light/color etc.

I had to shoot damn near 70 pictures just to get those 6 close ups :joy:

7 Likes

Mine wonā€™t focused close ups.

3 Likes

Thank you for the very kind words @Roux. I didnā€™t poke around too much online back then, just kept my head real low so it was prolly some really nice grower just looking out for another fellow grower back then that was helpful with some camera tips :wink:

Our community is a good community. Over the years itā€™s just been a bunch of level headed, like minded people who are genuinely interested in helping folks with good meds at a fair price. :peace:

3 Likes

Hey @G-paS You might want to try to step back until your camera can focus. Once you find that sweet spot, then you hold as still as you can and take the pictureā€¦

I seen your photos, they are big enough to crop in on a close up as long as its in focus (you can do this in ms paint no fancy software needed). Then once you got it cropped into the object, it will look like a macro.

Another option is if your using your phone as a camera, you could always buy a clip on macro lens it will offer some extra zoom they run anywhere from $15 to $40 on amazon. I have one but never use it lol

5 Likes

Those are cropped in MS :grinning: No smart phone here. I still have a land line and flip phone when I can find It :nerd:

4 Likes

If I back up from my subject, set for very high resolution, and crop away what I donā€™t want, I get simulated close ups. What kind of camera are u using?

4 Likes

Canon PowerShot ELPH 300HS. My daughter picked it out for me when I went to Alaska as you point and shot when in auto.

4 Likes

Awesome, your camera will take good pics.

I have the ELPH 160.

So, If you hit the Function Set Button its in the middle of the toggle on the back, and scroll down Until you see a Set Recording Pixel choice. Toggle into that menu and scroll around until you find the setting for the highest resolution. On mine it is an L.

Are you using a PC, or a Mac?

3 Likes

Got it on L and Iā€™m a PC kid :innocent:

2 Likes

I used my old 35mm SLR for macro by holding a large magnifying glass in front of the lens. Takes a bit of fidling, especially without a tripod, but I got some good results without buying a macro lens. I think I will try this again with the canon (which I really dislike, personally) eos t5i.

4 Likes

Now that takes talent!

1 Like