Tips for setting up disabled person grow room wanted

my left arm does not move have trouble with balance on my feet left ankeldoes not move up or down I am f but I have the will to over come.

2 Likes

Can you tell us more about your grow space?

Without knowing any details, I would recommend growing small plants (12/12 from clone but you need a higher plant count) and use a raised table so you can either sit in a chair or at least not have to bend over.

Are you familiar with no till? this may be the route you want to take.

1 Like

I have no grown room inside for 20 plus years grown under sun hoping experience growing outside will help me inside I am think soil would be best for me.

1 Like

I am interested in this subject and would like to help expand the thread.

Without knowing a little more, like Viva_Mexico writes, it’s hard to visualize your needs. I have a few ailments myself & know we can help.

Here is a link with a variety of “accessible” garden images:

ACCESSIBLE GARDENING FOR THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED
Dr. Leonard Perry, Horticulture Professor, University of Vermont

http://www.uvm.edu/pss/ppp/articles/access.html

phew, now i’m exhausted. :wink:

cannabis.sequoia

4 Likes

perlite/vermiculite is VERY lightweight & could be used with worm castings/tea
but i’m favoring your arm & not the plant with that thought, anyone?

1 Like

One other tip, find friends and family and live near them. They will help you if they love you!

2 Likes

not know no till but have 20 plus years growing pot organic outside.

my suggestion would just be similar to above, use waist high tables/trays and no wider than 2 feet so you don’t have to lean much.

drip feed perlite would be light and effective as would doing an aeroponics system then there would be no medium to cart/cary.

Of course if you are used to soil then it would probably be best to stick with it. a small diameter hose could be used fo watering and if it is automatic or just built in then you only need to set it up once.

I am fully able and couldn’t imagine much the difficulties you might have but I hope you are able to figure out something that makes life nice and easy.

2 Likes

thank for your in put ob disabled grows.on over grow.

1 Like

I live in wheelchair and an office chair at home. I have very limited mobility because of nerve damage. First you need to decide the size of your grow space. The raised beds would be fine for outdoors but may not be the best indoors. If you use an office chair to sit in while you tend plants. You can raise and lower the chair and I find it works great for just growing in pots. You can push yourself around your grow area. I may grow in a yard square area but find I use a much larger space to get plants ready to go under lights. If there is a space next to the lights to put an old desk. That could be used for planting and doing the things we do with our plants. The desk gives you storage space for the equipment used in the grow room (fertilizer, hand spade, soil blockers, etc). You can hang the light with pulleys so you can adjust the height with one hand. If there is someone you can trust to help you get set up would be very beneficial. A wife or someone like that. Ok I have put my 2 cents in and thought you might get something you can use out of it. If I can help in any way, just let me know.

4 Likes

thanks for the info. would like to talk to you daily if possible?