Toker's Crypt : Valley Ghash, Chocolate Diesel

5 Likes

I can’t believe how chunky and loaded those were, nicely done!

4 Likes

Thanks @beacher , the girls are about where they were the last time they flipped so should be a similar end result on the next set.

5 Likes

Pretty much business as usual in the crypt. Countdown to flip day this weekend.

10 Likes

Babies look great :slight_smile:

What about the big ones? What is your water pH you water with? They also have very purlple stems and are very pale green colour. what is the EC? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Fisch These have always had purpling in the stems and the older they get the more purple they get. I’m seeing no mag deficiency in the leaves. They get cal mag every other week and epsom on the off weeks. The lighter green is from transplanting, I should have fed them heavier beforehand. But yet again this is a paler plant, it doesn’t get dark even when the tips are burning. The very first pic in this thread is this same plant and that’s about as dark as it gets, notice burned tips?

4 Likes

I see the two were keeping a eye on are looking more similar. I can still see you have them in the same order as before, hardy little plants. Looking good as always @Undead-Toker!

2 Likes

I’m still battling the cold too. The high today is -9F and currently -14F. I should have that taken care of inside now with the space heater but could also contribute to the purple stems.

5 Likes

Haven’t done much updating as I have been sick as hell, but feeling better now. Over the last few days the plants have gotten a lot of LITFA. Transplanted the CD’s to 32oz cups which should hold them over until they show sex. Edit: They were all also topped. (not the adults)

Just fed them Sensi Coco grow, myco+, cal mag+ and silica. This will be the last of vegetative nutes on the big girls as I flipped them Sunday and I will start hitting with bloom nutes and flower fuel on the next feeding.

Valley Ghash preliminary smoke report.
They have been jarred for a little over a week now and turned out quite frosty.

Good time for me to do this since I haven’t smoked today and not much over the last few. Just cleaned the SYN tube and loaded the freshly ground nug from the pics above. This report is being done LIVE!!!

1st hit. Somewhat of a sweet taste pretty smooth on the inhale. A little harsh on the exhale but that should smooth out a lot when she’s done curing. It has considerably in the last week alone. It has leaves a strong spicy/piney aftertaste with a hint of lemon Start to initially feel it in the face through the sinus passages, behind the eyes and spreads through the ears. After a few minutes start to feel it in the body and it spreads to a good heady buzz.

2nd hit. More lemon on that one and then it gets spicy with less pine on the aftertaste. Straight to the face. Now I’m tasting some fruity citrus in there. NOOO dammit I just drank some fruit punch, disregard last transmission. :laughing: Not much more through the body, pretty much up beat and feeling energetic and somebody wanted to play…

3rd hit. Bowl is pretty much cashed so no taste comments and I have some other stuff to do before I hit the hay. I’m not overly blasted but it may be a bit much for those not accustomed to having good smoke.

Peace, UT

10 Likes

Fresh bud give it 15 report back ! Lol

2 Likes

Nice live report :grin: :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior This stuff can wreck you pretty quick if not careful lol. The smoke report I did over about 30 minutes or so, waiting about 10 or so minutes between hits to actually experience the affect of each hit.

To add a little more to the smoke report…It is a solid creeper. If you are devious, like me, you can have some fun with creepers lol. Not cool to do to anyone with health problems or anxiety. But I love to break out a solid creeper on shit talkers. I find a lot of amusement in the simple things I guess.

I run my pH in at 5.9 1.2 EC on regular watering days (1/4 str/5 ml Sensi Coco). They get that every watering for the most part. My tapwater on it’s own is .6 EC/400ppm currently, the lowest I’ve tested it was 100ppm.

6 Likes

A little over a week in flo.

7 Likes

Two weeks in, they are done stretching and making flowers. 7 weeks to go.

And the Chocolate Diesel’s are doing pretty good

13 Likes

3 weeks in. Did some defoliating and will be doing a little more as well as some bending and twisting to open them up this week.

A couple under the canopy shots…

The CD’s have been topped twice now (the last time) and also defoliated a couple days ago. Still no sign of sex on any of them yet. Regardless, they will be transplanted to the final pots this week and heading in the flo room permanently in a week or so.

And some parting day 21 bud shots

11 Likes

The CD’s are finally starting to show sex.

Valley Ghash starting week 4 today (Day 22)

10 Likes

Girls are looking great @Undead-Toker question regarding your transplanting is there a huge benefit of placing the transplant higher or on top of the media rather than at the original level? Is this a specific technique? I’v seen some dude behind Soma seeds do something similar to this.

4 Likes

@Tinytuttle I started doing this a long time ago after watching @BogSeeds transplanting method back in the day. When I grew in soil with limited space in 3 gallon pots could easily add a significant area above the surface greatly increasing root space in the same pot. In coco however it washes out too much IMO to xplant up too high. I can’t remember BOG’s exact method but in soil I would start in RW or Peat pucks, go to a 24oz solo cup, 1 gallon pot to final 3 gallon leaving 1/3-1/2 the original container above ground.

The biggest benefit for me and why I continue to do it a smaller degree, is it really helps in the constant fungus gnat war. The root ball is on top pretty much always staying dry as well as all those nice barky roots on top the larvae can’t harm. If I see adults I bottom water until they are gone, spray mist the tops with Neem Oil/peppermint soap and all I’ve had to deal with is the occasional adults that make their way in that can’t make it past the first generation If gnats weren’t an issue I probably wouldn’t do it, but they are a big enough issue that I’ve lost entire grows/irreplaceable genetics not having preventative steps in place ahead of time.

just dug this up from the old GrowFAQ… BOG's double potting technique

9 Likes

It seemed like the Chocolate Diesel took forever to start showing but after the first definate male showed all the rest showed within a couple days.

This dude is showing his balls and is not allowed to visit the ladies room any more.

Not sure what’s going on with this one. Looks like a female preflower with a possible nanner next to it.

The other 3 look to be females so far

Valley Ghash are filling in, still need to do some more trimming.

9 Likes

Just finished the final major pruning on the girls. Other than that, business as usual in the old crypt.

11 Likes