Toker's Crypt : Valley Ghash, Chocolate Diesel

Sunday is my booster feed day. 5ml Cal Mag Plus, 5ml Sensi Coco Bloom A&B and 1/4 ts Flower Fuel per/gal.

Generally I always water with 5ml Sensi Coco (1/4 Strength) at every watering. Do my Boosters on Sunday and fill in other supplements with watering through the week. The next watering will have Azos and Blackstrap Molasses and the following will have Silica…

Starting to get a little frosty

15 Likes

Looks banging! I can’t wait to see how much it’s going to frost up

4 Likes

Day 24 Update

Fed today with Blackstrap, Azos and Sensi Coco Bloom. And brought the cuts in for their daily dose of bright light. They are about 12 days out of the 10/20 dome. They were taken on Flo Day 1, dipped in Clonex and placed in Azos soaked RW cubes.

Things are starting to fill in up top fairly well.

The underside of things, showing how things are tied down.

And a parting shot from Number 1

15 Likes

I started seeing some pistils turning brown a few days ago. WTF? I give the male in the veg room the check up and he’s not flowering, but his preflowers are yellow and starting to open. He just happens to be camped right next to the clones I take into the flo room for a daily light boost. The F2 run I planned on doing with the clones is on now like it or not.

It works out though, now it’ll just be done and I can give him the ax instead of having to keep him around a few more weeks and not have set up the honeymoon suite. It works out better for the next cycle also, four instead of two.

And last but not least, his royal highness of premature ejaculation is in the house.

18 Likes

Day 28 update.

I cut the male yesterday after shaking him over the canopy and seeing visible pollen dropping. He had two days in the room to finish his dirty work. Not a full pollination, but should provide more than enough F2’s and still provide me with some smoke.

Yesterdays feeding was Silica and Sensi Bloom Coco.

Took some pics with the bloom booster on the Optic 6 It looks more pink in the pic than it does in person. In person you can barely tell it’s on from the color, although it is much brighter and you can see the red’s and blues on the Panda lining. So far it seems to be performing as well or better than 600w HPS used in the past.

Cobs only

Pollination looks successful

14 Likes

Started training the clones today. Will be transplanting in a few days from the 32 oz cups to 2 gallon poly bags.

11 Likes

Looking pretty awesome @Undead-Toker. Love me some broken knuckles!

4 Likes

Thanks @HappyHemper. I’ve noticed that about you :wink:

3 Likes

Was going to wait a couple more days but decided to go ahead and transplant today since I had the spare time.

Transplanted from 32 oz cups to 2 gallon poly bags. Sprinkled the site with Mykos before they went in.

11 Likes

Day 33 Update
Everything is on the routine feeding schedule and looking pretty good. Not much to report.

13 Likes

Day 35 Update

5 weeks in and officially past the half way mark on this 8-9 week strain.

17 Likes

13 Likes

Day 38

Still not much to report. I just feed them, leave them alone, and let them do their thing.

17 Likes

Day 41 and still not much to report, Things are starting to swell up a bit and they should be finishing up in the next 3 weeks or so.

Since there isn’t much to report and this diary was late into the grow; I thought I would give a little detail on how things started, what I’m using and how often.

Beans were soaked in water for a few hours and placed between damp paper towels in gallon size freezer bag inflated and sealed. Exchanged air twice daily. When they popped and displayed taps they were placed in pre-soaked 1.5 RW cubes and planted in 32 oz cups with coco. Absolutely no nutes for the first 2 weeks, ever.

Using Coco Bliss coco. It works for me and 10 lb blocks average about $15 on amazon but I have seen them drop under $12 once.

Mykos is used on all planting and transplanting and that is the only time it is used.

My base nutes (Advanced pH perfect Sensi Coco grow and bloom) are used with a diluted strength every watering. I don’t track my ppm’s. I start out with very diluted nutes and gradually increase strength until I start to see a little tip burn, back it off a little and that’s where they stay. These get 5ml every watering or 1/4 recommended strength roughly 3 times per week.

Supplements are added with every watering when needed. When using RO I use Cal Mag Plus, when using tap water Epsom salts.

Veg: Myco+ and Cal Mag Plus or Epsom weekly. Silica and Azos every other week.

Flo: Flower Fuel, Molasses and Cal Mag Plus or Epsom weekly. Silica and Azos every other week.

I also use Advanced pH down. My RO is 6.5 and tap averages 7.5 so really no need for pH up in my situation.
At reduced strengths like I’m using the pH buffer in the nutes is not enough to correctly buffer my water.

Basically I try to keep things pretty simple and it seems to be working okay.

Until next time. Peace, UT

18 Likes

Hey @Undead-Toker you’ve got some mighty fine looking ladies there and they are frosting up nicely too. Hope your pollination took well and you are rewarded with healthy seeds.

Cheers Johnny

2 Likes

Hey @Johnnybsmokin, Thanks for stopping by.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Really nice show man! Perfect canopy, some of those pics are like Jurassic park rainforest lol

I’m going to try coco my next round, do you rinse or soak it before you use it?

3 Likes

I pretty much just hydrate this brand coco. With seedlings a good rinse wouldn’t hurt. I did have some minor burn a couple weeks in on these but could be the combination of a hot spot in the coco and 300ppm tap water. No need for a rinse on clones or transplanting. The next beans I pop I will not rinse either but use RO and see how it goes.

My only suggestion if you go coco is have a good pH meter before you get started. As long as you have a good feed schedule and give them what they need it’s pretty ez. I always feed mine at 5.9, a little lower if my runoff pops up.

It works for me and is my preference for growing medium. I’ve grown in various soil and soil less mixes as well as DWC buckets which I also love but it’s winter only for me because of summer temps.I actually started using coco to cut my soil and cut back on perlite, pretty soon I was full on coco.

Edit: @beacher

7 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks. I was thinking I would start with a blend to ween myself off of the promix lol.

I am worried about having to be more precise about pH because I usually just use alot of dolomite lime and get pretty casual with pHing my nutes

4 Likes