Tonygreens RIL Group Buy Grow Show (Closed)

I for one had no clue what that really meant. Pretty intriguing if you read up on it.

10 Likes

I’m in for at least one pack.

5 Likes

More info in this thread:

21 Likes

From what I can remember Tony’s been at ICMag forever and was really close with Josey and crew.
He’s worked on Gorilla Bubble for at least 5 years possibly more. I believe the RIL might be using his and Mycoteks work on the GG4 or maybe I’m just tweaking.
Either way, his work is awesome and speaks for itself. This is kind of a huge deal

12 Likes

This @Badger :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Sounds right. I remember being really intrigued by Gorilla Bubble on icmag a long time ago, lol. Been following Tony ever since.

10 Likes

Same. I had an itch for Gg4 after smoking some in 2015 and I found his Gorilla Bubble.

9 Likes

Thanks for info guys!!!

8 Likes

Still not sure if this is for the GG4 or the GB. @Tonygreen or @Hugh_Glass, can you clarify?

Either way, I’m in for one pack. If both strains are available, I’m in for one OF EACH!

7 Likes

GG#4 ril …

11 Likes

Most likely gonna get in on this one. Tony is the man ! Been following his work for several years. Lots of dudes on IC have run his stuff over the years. Gotta support G’s like him

8 Likes

To make the Recombinant inbred line we use 2 separate inbred backcross lines derived from the same recurring p1, in this case Gorilla Bubble bx5 is used with mycoteks bx6. Both lines have well over 95% gg4 recurring DNA, when they recombine they create hybrid vigor while maintaining the gg4 genome with many homozygous gene pairs.

Even though they have been inbred to contain mostly the same DNA hybrid vigor is induced without creating massive heterozygosity like in most unrelated f1.

44 Likes

Just gotta say thanks again for all your great contributions to the community! Lots of cats drop nice beans, but few are the ones who put the real work and craftsmanship in that this plant truly deserves. Even fewer still are the ones who bring that craftsmanship and drop the science for all to share. Really great work man, we are all in your debt. Way to do the plant proud. :wink:

22 Likes

I’m absolutely :100:% N.
I’ll be here tagging along for tha show too.

4 Likes

The technique can also be used in full sib breeding to reintroduce vigor after stabilizing, in that case you would breed down separate full sib lines then recombine later. Maybe an easier example to conceptualize.

24 Likes

I’ve thought about trying this quite a bit recently, especially for helping to improve selection in recessive traits. For example if you were breeding an auto, you could isolate the auto gene in an F2 male and cross that back to a female of your F1 generation. The generation resulting from a F1 x F2 cross will be 50% autos, instead of 25%, which is a big help if you’re a hobbyist growing 5-10 females.

21 Likes

How would you know you have isolated the auto gene in the male F2? By pollinating sisters and if any of the F3 gen are auto?

6 Likes

I’ve never bred or even grown autos, but I’d think you just keep it under veg lighting and keep the ones that start to flower. Should happen the same way as an auto female I’d think.

11 Likes

Count me in, I’ll support the project! :v:

4 Likes

Thanks, wasn’t even thinking that way, got it now.

6 Likes