TopShelfs trees (Part 2)

I remember going out to eat with my folks. Ashtray on every table. Everyplace you went gave matchbooks. I had a great collection, a 5 gallon bucket full. Then I started smoking weed and needed them for other things. Great conversation starters. “Where the fuck is???”

3 Likes

Forgot my manners. Good Morning OG. I visited my dad in the VA hospital. I was 8 or 10. I remember seeing guys smoking with a cig in the hole in their throat. Bizarre.

4 Likes

I hope this to be true. I don’t know enough from then about the system in the states so I can only say 100% to died in his bed & wasn’t able to be admitted to a hospital. :cry:

2 Likes

Hello brother, awesome to see you here! Thank you for the kind words. And yes the last month maybe two have been a shitshow! But things are looking up! Finally

5 Likes

Good morning fam

7 Likes

Good morning all!

4 Likes

Goodmorning y’all !

Lots of moving things around today, I need to go to my storage unit and dig through it to see how deep in the boxes any “extra” grow gear I wasn’t using in the past is.

Have a good day everyone. :v:

3 Likes

Oh, I love surprises! Hopefully there’s all sorts of goodies in there

4 Likes

@420noob guess what just landed :wink: it’s on!

3 Likes

Good morning TST and crew!
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

are you growing plants???

3 Likes

Nope just coca and poppies nowadays, no money in weed anymore

6 Likes

Lol @the birds I haven’t seen that one in forever! Love Hitchcock! I was watching the x-files again recently (while I was laid up writhing in pain) and noticed the smoking EVERYWHERE! In the hospital too while the doc explains things to patients etc. guy sitting there at the dinner table fires up in front of his kids, :man_facepalming:t2: my old man smoked in front of us too, in the car after supper etc. it was the norm…. Until it wasn’t I wonder exactly when the change occurred ?

4 Likes

Around 1999 ashtrays started disappearing from tables.

4 Likes

Sounds about right, I remember being in New York for the millennial ball drop and you could smoke in a few places but not like it was 4-5 years earlier. Definitely glad that change happened

2 Likes

Yep! I worked in restaurants with “smoking sections” that had no physical separation from the non smoking!
When I was in high school/ early college we still smoked in coffee shops, even Wendy’s had those little foil ash trays in their smoking area!
Breakfast ciggies at the table with a hangover at a local diner the morning after…ah memories

3 Likes

Haha I forgot about these, we’d frisbee them at each other all the time, got kicked out of McD’s once for doing so! Honestly I miss the 90’s minus the cigarette haze/stank filled buildings

3 Likes

I remember going into a waffle house and ordering 2 glasses of ice so we could pour our wine coolers into them. The waitress just smiled.

We were smoking up a storm of course.

5 Likes

I’ve seen people doing this at Pizza Hut before ! :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s also when 10 bucks at Taco Bell could feed 2 people full.
Fast food really went to shit after the 90s

5 Likes