Tracker's garden

I’m in OK US. I extended the raised bed lengthwise this season, so the plants have a little more space this year. I’m trying to be strategic about the way I prune, defol, and spread them out on the trellis.

Last year wasnt too wet during the fall. Hopefully we’ll be dry this fall, but ya never know with outdoor. I always end up with some losses to bugs and mold, but usually no more than 5%. I end up with plenty.

4 Likes

@Meesh @CkNugz @resinates_well

Okay okay. Y’all gave me the motivation to crawl up under there and do a heavy prune and defol. The top still looks full, but the inside is way cleared out now. I spent about 3hrs on it today and got about 75% done. I’ll have to put another hour or two in tomorrow.

Peace :v:

8 Likes

Props on the commitment, that’s not easy in 100* temps. May your harvest be KInd!!! :metal:

3 Likes

Haha yeah when you said you pruned everyday, I giggled to myself because here’s one of my 6 footers after it’s first pruning and supercropping this year

Mind you this was 2 weeks ago and they are bigger and I’ve had to prune them again.

11 Likes

woot woot :metal:

3 Likes

@Meesh @CkNugz @resinates_well

I pruned under the canopy for about 5hrs over 2 days. My compost barrel is filled to the brim with all the leaves and stems.

36 Likes

Looks good.

2 Likes

God Damn!!! That was some real work. I will never use a net. I don’t want to even try to work around it. lol

3 Likes

This is my first time doing it this way outdoors. I usually spread them out with garden poles and I just put net over the top after the stretch stops.

It seems like doing it this way, the stems are not as thick. That could be because it’s different genetics, but I think since the stems don’t need to support as much of the weight, that has something to do with it.

Not sure I would do it exactly this way again. We’ll see how it finishes out. With outdoor photoperiod, I only get to experience the outcomes of my methods once per year. The learning goes more slowly than indoor.

6 Likes

I like this photo a lot! Plants look great like always! Haircuts were surely the right call, and expect the plants will thank you for it. Hope you score some great pollen, wish I could help with that :anguished:

Hope you’re hydrating! That was some work for sure.

10 Likes

makes my back hurt just looking at that massive clean work in over 100* temps to boot SUPER PROPS :metal:

2 Likes

Thankfully I did get enough pollen to work with. I never had my male die before and have to beg for pollen. Some very generous people shared their pollen with me right away.

8 Likes

What you going to be pollinating them with? Looks killer there excited to see them full flower :blush:

1 Like

@G-paS shared some Goji OG pollen. @joheimgrohen shared Kona Maui. @Maddawg offered to send some C-99 that he’s harvesting now. Two other friends from other forums shared Skunk#1 and NL5xSkunk#1.

It looks like about 2 weeks until application. The plants are stretching hard and throwing pistils at every node.

I’ll have to figure out a good application method. I’ll appreciate any tips and tricks.

8 Likes

damn. you’re killing it. :+1:

9 Likes

Sure is. I have no tips on outside. I also only do one strain of pollen in a grow area as the pollen can hit everywhere.

Looks like a fun time for you :heart_eyes:

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Here’s my outdoor recreationals…

10 Likes

What kind of gourmet herbs have you got going there?

2 Likes

My homemade strains…top to bottom.

DK13… breeding purposes
Sour O’wreck… breeding purposes
Jenny Babe Kush… recreational smoke

4 Likes

Plenty of great air flow …looking great!

3 Likes