TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Day 16

Things are starting to get real…

Also harvested an outdoor Dark Devil tonight. All my outdoor autos had a poor and late start, so they won’t amount to much, but it sure does look pretty:

Will take the last auto tomorrow which is about 2x the size of this.

It smells amazing somewhere between an orange soda and grape koolaid. Can’t wait to taste it!

14 Likes

Where are all the seeds? I dont think you did it right this time​:wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

It aint dried yet! Don’t jinx it… haha

3 Likes

Day 17

8 Likes

New growth looks very healthy but the bigger leaves still seem to have that weird droop to them. Are you still using pool shock or is it genetics?

Still using shock.

Been noticing some white patches and spots this last week.

And today I see this on lower growth:

5 Likes

Wow omg I just checked this morning’s pics and realized the spotting I just posted all happened over the course of an hour! Wtf is going on here!

Maybe try flushing??

Might have to! This was quick onset, and what did I do between the pics this morning and the pics now?

I ran a water cycle…

If I flush, they’re not gonna be happy as they are drinking like fish now and need their food.

1 Like

what’s your ph and feed rate ?

top leaves or bottom leaves ?

3 Likes

pH is always in the mid to high 5s, feed rate is 1000ppm megacrop, the big one developed this only an hour after I ran a water cycle. Everything was fine before.

Mostly on lower leaves, one higher up leaf is showing this but it’s mostly on lowers (and spreading rapidly minute by minute)

Day 18

7 Likes

Have you flushed? It appears to be spreading still.

2 Likes

Gave it 2 litres of straight tap water last night to flush. It was already drying up this morning so gave it a light feeding. Tonight ld like to change my reservoir and possibly increase feed dosage.

I think the problem occurred due to me letting the coco dry out to much between waterings, then I hit it with full strength nutes from dry. Likely shocked them.

Good news is it stayed localized to the bottom leaves, and these leaves are seriously impeding the growth of tops so might have to be defoliated at some point anyway.

4 Likes

Day 18
Some pics before bed. The spotting issue hasn’t really progressed beyond the existing damage just dying off, yet. I increased watering frequency and things seem ok, but still small signs of some sort of def. Maybe time to increase ppm?

The biggest is getting to be a monster though. Going to have to start thinking about a training plan.

The brown hazy splotches are dirt on my lens

11 Likes

Day 19

8 Likes

Day 19

Hour before lights out. They had a wild day, running out of room quickly here the tops are 7" from my lights at this point haha

7 Likes

Your screwed as far as height goes, get ready for the stretch, and sharpen those training skills :wink:

3 Likes

Not looking forward to training, and it might be due very very soon, things are growing so vigorous now and my track record is less than stellar with flopping.

Think it’s time to increase feed PPM don’t you think? The clawing looks indicative of excess N so not sure if it’s build up or just overfeeding or transpiration or something else entirely. Didn’t wanna bump it up until I was sure they’ll take it fine.

3 Likes

Day 22

11 Likes