TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Weigh-in Pt. 2

Cut and jarred the smallest plant today, a modest 20g plant. I knew this one would be on the low end. It also had a wee bit of mold here and there that has since been mostly removed. Will keep an eye to ensure it doesn’t spread during cure.

Still one plant to go and we are officially over 1 gram per watt!

11 Likes

Wow beautiful plants! Great job… I have always loved the colors of the dark devil, I have yet to run any auto flowers… Wish they would produce a dark devil that’s not an auto… That being said it seems Autos have come a long ways! I do have some auto seeds that someone gave me so I may be running some auto in the near future… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Damn I missed a lot. Fantastic grow @TrevorLahey. Those colors are mesmerizing :heart_eyes::drooling_face:

4 Likes

Good job bro :thumbsup: that’s you sorted for a while eh.

3 Likes

:thermometer_face:

Did you have an issue with heat build-up? That would be a vegetable steamer, imo, but it’s probably warmer here. :sunglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia

It’s on average 4-6C hotter in the cabinet than outside the cabinet. I have a fan built into the center of the light rig to suck the hot air off the canopy and deliver it to my 200mm exhaust in the middle of the ceiling. I take air in from the bottom through a big 12"x12" hole in the center of the floor, so air is moving from my cool basement floor into the cabinet.

From there the cool air gets recirculated by two 120mm PC fans which in hindsight was not quite enough so next round I’ll add a couple more recirculation fans to the canopy.

The hottest it got this summer (which was a hot summer) was 30.5C but temps dropped to 25 during the last couple weeks of flower due to cooling of the seasons.

7 Likes

That was a great read you will enjoy those well earned buds. Those were some stunning plants. Some amazing colours coming from the dark devil’s what a sight to see.

4 Likes

Weigh-in Pt 3

Someone forgot to add the last plants weight to the thread.

55g dried

Brings total to 203g for 3 plants.

Or 50g+ per square foot

Or 1.39 grams per watt

Yay!

20 Likes

Woo hoo!! Way to grow!!!

9 Likes

need to post some dried pics :wink:

7 Likes

Update

Still waiting on this sick, gross looking Auto Purple Kush to finish before I can start the next round. It’s day 80 something now and she still looks like she could use a bit more time. She’s barely alive so it’s a day to day thing now I really wanna start my next round of plants in a fresh clean environment.

Feels weird and lonely only growing this one plant lol. Smells great though a very strong Kush smell.

As requested here are some dried shots:

Other stuff I’m working on:

Building a new SIL light to support the new tent from @toastyjakes

Ordered 5 splitters so 35 lights @9w each will be close to or above 300w with the intent of upgrading it even further.

Soon enough we will have 2 grows going again!

Making some shatter from my DD trim

Deciding whether or not I can get 2+ weeks out of my on hand gear to get my next round started while I wait for new MegaCrop.

Other than that I’m just enjoying life, good weed, good company and am excited to get back up and running again.

Soon guys, real soon!

12 Likes

Looking good dude. What strains you planning for next round?

Do you have a plant count limit?

2 Likes

For this cabinet’s next run I’m going to be soaking my last 4 remaining Dark Devil F2s and hoping they all germ. I really like this strain and it was fun to grow and it’s proven in this cab so I’ll have my fingers crossed. I can grow up to 32 plants so im free to experiment as I wish.

Other autos I have on hand:

A bunch of @ReikoX’s (lowryderxultraviolet iirc) Regular Autos
4x Purple Kush fem from Canuk seeds (same as one in above pics)
1x AK47 auto fem from Canuk seeds

For my new tent I’m most likely going to do photoperiod strains, with my first being the Agent K’s from @Jellypowered

Another consideration for next round is pot size, I’m thinking 2.5L was a little much for a 24"x24" space,
and even with only 3 plants I ran out of room quick so I’m looking at options for a smaller pot, thinking more along the lines of 1.7-2.0L. Just gotta find the ideal pot size to give me the ideal plant size in this environment and allow me to run 4 plants.

Also plan on modifying my tray a bit to get more air intake as I had some scary high RH during my last weeks of flower. Adding a canopy fan to help things along too.

10 Likes

Lowryder x Ultraviolet :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

My bad @ReikoX I actually went to verify that after I posted and realized but Im glad you caught it hehe.

5 Likes

New Goodies!

5 7in1 splitters, going to build a huge SIL rig and push this SIL stuff to the max for my next grow.

Got the splitters with a coupon for $7 each and bulbs were on sale plus a rebate so $1 each. So this light will have a total cost somewhere around $80 for 315w of LED. This is more than double to wattage of my current cabinet so the new tent should have a bit more wattage per square foot.

Also picked up a new 80gph pump to handle irrigation.

This project is going to need a new thread soon!

MORE GOOD NEWS! My MegaCrop arrived more than a week ahead of schedule! This means I can start my next round as soon as I figure out what to do with this Purple Kush who is now 2 weeks past due and really sick.

13 Likes

You will never forget the name once you smell them :+1:.

3 Likes

Extreme LITFA here, shes been handwatered for weeks now and just wants to be cut.

12 Likes

This Purple Kush Auto is pushing 100 days old now, she’s dying more and more each day so I think I’ll chop her this week to make room for my next round. She smells great and has lots of milky frosty goodness so I’m looking forward to smoking her and also excited for round two!

10 Likes

She almost looks smokable now. That’s a slow cure for sure!!!

3 Likes