TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Well idk what you’re feeding those plants but you cranked out some huge buds in like what, two months? I’m in a hydro setup and it’s been since sept 9th that I started my recent grow, I’m in week five of bloom and I can’t imagine they’ll get as fat as yours any time soon. We’ll see. You’re a hare and I’m a tortoise I guess lol… Really impressive tho! Imma keep an eye on your new grow!

5 Likes

Day 9

Still on the hand watering, but watering to runoff daily now at 800ppm MegaCrop @ pH 5.7

8 Likes

Day 10

10 Likes

Day 11

11 Likes

Day 12

Added a cabinet heater as temps are getting dangerously low even with lights on.

Extra 100w hurts like hell but a necessary evil.

l

6 Likes

Heater is working, keeping the temp at 23C which is where I set the thermostat to, so we will call this a success.

5 Likes

Why so yellow, hun? Is it just the lighting?

2 Likes

@Meesh I’ve found a majority of the DD phenos have light/lime green foliage through most of their lives. The Purple Kush (back left) also showed this trait last round.

The DD on the back right is one of the odd phenos that are on the darker side of foliage, so that’s the one that shouldn’t be yellow (it isn’t)

I’m sure white balance plays a role too but to the naked eye they are a very light/lime green color.

3 Likes

I’m gonna start some dark devils in a few weeks in the cheapo greenhouse. That’s good to know, so I don’t freak out and over Nitrogen it .

3 Likes

Oh and a cool little before and after I added a bit of heat:

Before:

~7hrs later:

9 Likes

I freaked out the first time I saw this trait if I didn’t have @Mr.Sparkle telling me it was ok I would have treated for low N for sure.

Funny how this PK also has this trait but last round it was imo way too N hot and still had that color.

Looks can be deceiving I guess… lol

4 Likes

yeah they are a light green on average @Meesh so just expect that.

@TrevorLahey btw mutant front left by the looks off it, id pluck it and transplant the center one into that pot.

4 Likes

Was thinking same thing, might actually gift it to my aunt for a fun window plant but we will see lol

2 Likes

Day 13

Heat is undeniably helping.

A close up of the mutant:

And the rest:

14 Likes

Day 14

8 Likes

7 Likes

Day 15

13 Likes

They are looking great and will be taking off pretty soon…I love this transition from seedling to plant

2 Likes

Day 16

I got a new phone today and that means a new camera too!

17 Likes

Thanks @MomOnTheRun and yeah I agree it’s fun watching them at this stage, every 6 hours or so is a surprise lol

1 Like