TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Bravo Mr. Lahey… What a wicked thread.

J ROC and The ROC Pile would definitely approve…

10 Likes

Some Trichome shots!

17 Likes

Damn, really mouthwatering :slight_smile: :heart: Very well done bro!

3 Likes

How do you take pictures and what kind f light you use for them please?

4 Likes

Where did you get that gif of my face :wink: LOL!!! Exacty how I look like when I saw these pics of yours :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @AUM

Pictures are taken mainly with my smartphone (Samsung A8), the high quality harvest shots I do with my DSLR.

As for the macro trichome shots, these are done with a cheap “10x Clip-on Macro Lens” that attaches to a smartphone.

For lighting I use 9w screw-in LED bulbs with diffusers removed. My cabinet has 16x9w bulbs for a total of about 34w/sqft.

6 Likes

I wish making that cabinet was affordable in my area. It cost me less to buy a tent, carbon filter system, my QB 120s, the fabric pots, fox farm ocean Forest potting soil, Happy frog potting soil, fox farm acid loving fertilizer, rope hangars, and a fan speed controller than the lumber alone to make the 2x2x4 box I tried to get the supplies for awhile back. I wish it cost less, but it’s a project for another time

3 Likes

Day 83

More trichome shots!! Lots of amber forming now!

15 Likes

Wow why so expensive? For lumber this cabinet cost less than $40 to make. Sheet of cheap plywood $13, 4 2x2 at $3 each, rest was mostly scrap stuff I had laying around but if i had to buy it, it still would have kept things under $40.

Working a new cabinet now (stay tuned) that was built for even less. Entire build (lumber, lights, fans, timers, hardware etc) will be about $150

Note: I think tents are actually better than cabinets, provided you have a place to put it. Its light, can be broken down and moved easily, all the issues like light proofing and ventilation are already taken care of.

Cabinets are more for building to fit a space or purpose or budget

9 Likes

Yeah it’s ridiculously expensive here. Just plywood with no timber to make it cost 250. The timber would cost another 300. Then the cost just added up to a I’ll buy a tent moment.

1 Like

Day 85
Took these pics last night, almost ready to chop, will likely take it before the end of the week, the lowers just arent really finishing and there’s alot of senescence going on with the main cola so leaving it much longer could cause decay and rot. Also I’ve been backing feed off this last week, I’m at ~300ppm now so there’s alot of fade going on from the slow flush.

17 Likes

Greetings dear @TrevorLahey and thank you for taking the time for me, thats very kind :heart:

4 Likes

Damn these are looking good!:heart_eyes: So frosty. You’re gonna need to use some fire to fix that :fire::wink::joy:

3 Likes

Bro your a master now, ima need you to grow me a few eh??:wink::joy::heart_eyes: those are beautiful and that grow space is tits

3 Likes

Day 87

Time to cut this Purple Kush!

A few side branches cut, even they are fat and dense:

But it barely made a dent:

Ahh the main cola:

Wow, it was hiding more than I thought!

I wonder how much is here!? Also sneak peek of the new cabinet I’m working on (stay tuned and sorry for shit pics)

That’s it for this round!

18 Likes

@Hoodini heyy what’s up man glad you stopped to check in I hope all is well with you.

Thanks for the kind words, while I still have a lot to learn I have come a long way, and I’m finally able to love growing again!

Cheers!

5 Likes

And that’s what makes you the master, I’m so glad to hear that bro :+1::+1::+1: keep calm and grow on

4 Likes

114 grams going in the jars! Great yield on this one! Smell is very kush-like, but early samples taste like a mix of blueberry and kush. It’s really fruity and high potency. Buds are solid and break up into a pile of frosty goodness. This plant scores high on my chart!

Brings final yield for this round to just under 200 grams or ~1.5 grams per watt.

20 Likes

Great job @TrevorLahey that’s how you do it

5 Likes

Enjoyed reading through your thread man! Beautiful colors during your harvest. Nice variety too. Later bro. Ill be watching.

6 Likes