TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Well it’s been a while, time for an update on what I’ve been up to the last 2 months.

On March 20th I started 2 Purple Kush autos from Canuk Seeds, and 2 photoperiod seeds, a 501st/Sour Bubble reg donated by @toastyjakes and a feminized seed from a mixed bag of photos donated by @Mr.Sparkle.

Then on April 9th I started 6 autos donated by @Mr.Sparkle from his last breeding project. They are Dark Devil F3s, dubbed Dark Sparks(4) and ATM (2). Pictured below in the small containers.

April 22nd

April 24th

April 29th

March 9th Getting crowded in here gotta move the Dark Sparks into my new cabinet. Oh did I not mention I built a new cabinet?

Into the new cabinet. They are not happy about being crammed out of all space.

March 18th Getting better! Not going to be an amazing end result but should still give me some smoke. I’ll be starting more for this cabinet soon to fill it up more.

So we are all caught up. Sorry for not being active these last few months have been crazy but I have big plans for outdoor this summer and lots of fun in the lab still to come so I hope y’all follow along on this next chapter in low budgetry!

12 Likes

Sweet yield on the last round, and new plants are looking great. New cab looks cool, is that a PC fan up in the corner? Do you run it off a PC power supply?

Been thinking of adding a couple of those to my box…

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes they are PC fans, and can be wired directly to a spare 12v AC adapter for power.

2 Likes

I know I am still relatively new here on OG, but welcome back. I know I was personally wondering about your absensce (not in a nosy way) as your grow threads provided me with knowledge and inspiration in low budget growing.

Looking forward to seeing what you have going on…

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

Thanks Fozz, and yes I wanna get some more photos of the new cabinet build and also a better break down of how things are setup in the old cabinet.

It brings me great joy to hear others get something out of this too, made my day :slight_smile:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Day 59

Checking in on Cabinet #1 things are crowded to say the least.

The two plants on the right are Purple Kush autos and are in 2.5L pots. They will finish in these pots and in this cabinet.

The two left plants are photoperiod and are 501st/Sour Bubble (front left) and a currently unknown strain (back left). They are only on 16oz pots which is crazy how big and bushy the 501st has gotten. I plan on finishing these outdoors and they’ll be transplanted into much larger containers and placed outside when the weather gets fit which is almost any day now.

13 Likes

Thats some nice looking plant. Kinda bubbly looking put in the shed to dry it but it may smell like cat piss lol.

2 Likes

Day 42

Not looking too bad for a solo cup run now that I’m starting to look at these. It’s my first time growing full cycle in such small containers and one thing is for sure they need water OFTEN.

Check out my DIY light rig

Foam core slip door, it pulls up and down like a garage door and folds over onto velcro. Easy lightproofing.

Messy wiring but it works.

17 Likes

Right!!! That has been my biggest hurdle in my micro cab …the sips I am using now have changed that for the moment and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

@TrevorLahey spread them out, no sense making them fight each other in the center causing them to stretch for the light, or flop them over to fill the space, you know what your doing.

6 Likes

Holy crap that’s alot of lights! Are they all 15w? How many total over how many square feet?

Nice blend of spectrum there too.

3 Likes

Right? Lower them shits lol

3 Likes

Not sure if I have a bigger catch tray to spread them out. They’re not really fighting for light at all though the pics dont really do it justice weird angles and all.

I’m gonna have to flop some though, thought I could get away without it this round especially with ~3weeks left

@beacher I use 9w LEDs, the higher wattage ones are a little too hot in these setups.

There is 35 sockets, I think I got 29 sockets in use though so like 270w in there currently.

7 Likes

Nice setup, looks like they love it!

2 Likes

Day 44

Had to flop over the lanky one… twice. @Mr.Sparkle showed me this a while back it’s a good technique for shortening stretchy limbs.

One flop

And flop it back up

Ends up looking something like a Z.

~3 ish weeks to go

8 Likes

Day 63

Yeah things are out of hand in here. The 2 big Purple Kush autos on the right finish in about 90 days. Scary to think what they’ll look like in a month from now.

Gonna move the 501st and the Unknown outside next week, as well as start some more beans for outside and in.

13 Likes

Aren’t you glad you’re right back in the “thick” of things??? :grin::+1:

Looks good and healthy…

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

My my my how far you’ve come :slight_smile:
Things are looking great in here!

4 Likes

Thanks man! Good to see you hope all is well on your end!

1 Like

Day 66

Pics are from a few days ago I swore I already uploaded them.

Did some heavy defoliation of the two Purple Kush autos on the right. That should help some. It was too cramped as stated previously.

14 Likes