TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

What are the plants on the right? Damn, look like some nice sativa!

1 Like

Day 56

This strain usually finishes around right now but my LITFA methods have slowed things down a bit. I’m expecting another 2 weeks at least on these.

Flopped a couple tops down as they were getting really close to the light.

@Meesh the plants on the right you were wondering were Purple Kush Autos from Canuk Seeds. I did one last round too and it was a prize winner for sure.

8 Likes

Started some beans for outside

What’s in the mix:

2x Starfighter
2x Agent K
2x Glacier OG x Red Cherry Berry
3x (Thai Hi-Flyer x c99) x Durban Poison
2x Cali-o x Durban Poison
2x Feminized unknown

That’s a start, will be starting more I’m sure, gotta overgrow the planet!

8 Likes

Day 59

Some bud shots from the closet

10 Likes

Looking CHUNKY!

damn nice looking into there!! Couple more weeks?

2 Likes

Idk how long and not really chunky, they’ll be modest yield. They smell nice though lol

3 Likes

13/15 seeds up

9 Likes

Day 62

Closet is smelling nice, lots of different colors in here.

Seedlings are taking off, but leggy as hell, will have to repot them soon and give em the old Cuban necktie. Light is too far away as they’re sharing it with the rest of the above plants.

18 Likes

Day 63

Some trichome shots

Also did some pruning and re arranging

Also got the 501st and Unknown outside in their new pots. Looks to be a good start to the grow season to me :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Day 80

Now that the photoperiod plants are outside the autos can breathe. But they were soooooo leafy I had to defoil like… a ton.

They look great now though, although also lagging a bit behind their usual finish time.

15 Likes

Seedlings look happy enough, but cant wait to put them outside too.

12 Likes

In the last pic the ones on the left have half of their leaves cut, why is that?

3 Likes

Clones… Cutting the leaf blades back helps with transpiration and helps the root growth and plants ability to thrive in high humidity

9 Likes

I would add to your list, the fewer overlapping leaves when densely packing clones will reduce the chance of mold;
(also the damage may increase Jasmonic Acid and Auxin synthesis but I’ve got no evidence to support that thought.)

5 Likes

It also makes it easy to see when the clone starts new growth again.

9 Likes

I’m not really worried too much about it, these cuttings are going to be late season and nothing to write home about when finished (if they even root). Had to top their donors so that’s basically where the cuttings came from lol. Just stuck em in the seeder tray to see what I get.

As far as trimming leaf tips, as @toastyjakes and @ReikoX said it aids in transpiration and helps in identifying new growth. I also do it because of the mindset “less plant to sustain” when rooting.

7 Likes

Fuckin right TrevorLahey. This is a very efficient system you have going. And thanks for the incredible photography. Thanks for the inspiring thread.

5 Likes

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words, bud!

Grow on!

4 Likes

Go go go

Also looking at chopping this one here after the weekend

13 Likes

Day 67

And the seedlings

Day 84

Having some difficulty hardening one of my outdoor plants off. Sun hits her even for 10m and shes damn near dead. Just been misting her down during sunny hot hours but it’s an uphill battle for sure.

13 Likes