TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 5: "The Ghost and the Darkness"

Those gallon size pots? I generally water 1/2 liter (US Quart really) per gallon of soil.

3 Likes

3 gallon pots so yeah I’m giving them less than that. I just fill the 2L watering pail and split it between them

Will let them fully dry out this time I guess, shes got the major drop on though lol

1 Like

Think I’m caught up now, Bro! Thanks for the head’s up. Looking nice!

I get that same weird leaf fade thing, near the veins every time I use Megacrop.
Did you check for bugs by those holes?

3 Likes

No bugs that I can find yet. Staying diligent. This is organic living soil I’m working with and I didnt expect to see these types of nutrition issues but eh gotta roll with the punches. Wonder what’s up with the droopy droopy, though.

3 Likes

I guage watering by if tension exists in the leaf when you touch it from the bottom. If stem is very slack, then overwatered. If just leaf matter is droopy and not stem then under watered.

11 Likes

Looking good brozef. All those little ones autos too? The great thing about is yiu dont have to change the amount of hour of light thwy all grow under and flower at the same time. Looking good bro. Watxh iut @ReikoX grass is funky monkey.

I was in my tent saying to myself whixh kne kf your fuxks stink lol. Reiko grass. Lol. :blush:

1 Like

Damn @Meesh That’s some plant whisperer level knowledge right there! :nerd::hugging:

7 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: standing ovation … sometimes the best gage is built in already :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Ok so thinking I was overwatering, I decided to skip watering by a half day. Normally I’d water every 1.5 days but I let it go 2 days this time.

The plants were bone dry this morning. Still droopy.

Idk what’s going on, ughh…

They look some awful though, dont think I’ll grow in soil again after this, because I dont even know where to start in solving this issue. With coco it’s just flush and adjust feed and done.

Who ever said organic soil is easiest and most forgiving. Suck it lol.

15 Likes

Soil in small containers is difficult. I would go ahead and water them with plain water. Do you have any microbe products? They may help.

3 Likes

Nothing on hand for microbes, besides molasses I guess. I watered them this morning until I got a bit of runoff. It’s annoying, I’m hoping they grow out of it with a bit of LITFA but I’m forced to wait it out at this point.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think we can eliminate the over watered part. Are you using tap water? Are you letting it sit out to remove chlorine?

3 Likes

Using 45ppm tap water, always left out overnight. The last week I’ve been pulling the water out of an aerated and pH adjusted reservoir but the drooping started before that.

3 Likes

Soil is tough in small containers. You need a minimum of seven gallons to get the advantages of pH and nutrient buffering IME.

8 Likes

Have those little brown spots from the earlier post gotten worse?

2 Likes

Yes and no, theres a few more spots here and there but the existing spots seems to be not deteriorating at the same rate as they were before.

And yeah @ReikoX I’m seeing both toxicities and deficiencies so that would make a lot of sense. I have dry amendments for top dressing/teas but where I’m seeing excess in some nutrients I dont think adding more is smart.

3 Likes

Is it possible the fert in the living soil is a little hot? You’ve got a tiny bit of tip burn. My other guess would be to agree with reiko

2 Likes

Yeah that’s been my thought all along, that the soil was just way too hot, but seeing some deficiencies too so its confusing.

Things seemed to go south as soon as they started to bloom, which is also a sign of deficiency, so yeah confusing is the right word lol.

13 Likes

Maybe root bound???

5 Likes

I wouldnt think, they’re 3 weeks old in a 3 gallon pot.

2 Likes