Triangle Kush and her crosses (What's your favorite flavor?)

For a couple years now I’ve wanted to grow Triangle Kush. I have been putting the pieces in place getting ready to see what it’s all about. Because of their tremendous reputation I decided to purchase some TK and TK cross seeds from CSI Humboldt. My first order of business will be to increase my stock from 7 S1 fem seeds to a whole bunch. I have some Cap Junky pollen stored in the freezer I will use with a TK plant to make some Triangle Kush X Cap Junky fem seeds. Once that run is complete it will be time to “play” around with the TK and other prized strains I have on hand as well as seeing what these CSI Humboldt TK crosses produce.

24 Likes

34 Likes

Is the purpling genetic or a result of temperature? Gorgeous looking colas.

I’ve been told by a friend of mine, a very experienced grower that almost anything you cross to the Triangle Kush turns out golden. Curious to see what it does with a sativa strain like Golden Tiger or Panama.

5 Likes

I have some CSI sour diesel x tk and AJ sour diesel x tk I plan on growing out next. Has anyone grown these crosses?

4 Likes

It’s genetic and led/nute related. She won’t purple at all based on temp alone.

And I wouldn’t say anything you cross to her. I mean, gems could likely be found in almost any cross with her, but the rate could be few and far between depending on the mate used. She doesn’t reliably pass on any trait in a single outcross so would definitely recommend having a bunch of beans to look through.

9 Likes

I have heard good things about her ability to pass potency to offspring.

2 Likes

She’s lovely.

2 Likes

In my experience having already made an outcross with her last year that I’ve been steadily looking at, as well as looking at other reports from others crosses with her over the last couple years, she doesn’t really. Not reliably. Sure there are gems to be found. Some of my favorite plants have come from those, but depending on the outcross only 1-2 phenos may come close to her potency. And again in my experience, the ones that do only seem to get parts of her high, not all of it plus more as happens more commonly with other strains.

Someone just grew out Nikah(TKxOMG) and didn’t find her potency, and same with the Triple Sunshine(TKxSSDD), among others. I’m not saying it’s not there at all, I’m just saying don’t expect to find it in only ~7 females :confused:

13 Likes

Have never messed with her straight . Always in crosses & selected / worked lines . The right ones make your forehead sweat & your ears ring . As you’ve stated selection is key & a hell of a lotta work . I sure don’t have the time or space to do it right & salute those who do .

6 Likes

It’s all about the colour temperature, more reds, more stretch. I have found 3500k to be about the right temperature for both veg and grow, more blue means shorter more branchy growth.

1 Like

im here cuz i was curious about triangle kush is it a clone only strain?

2 Likes

The original is a clone only but several seed banks have S1’s of it.

1 Like

was wondering because i have a pack here that i got from a fellow og and if i remember they are regs

2 Likes

Gotta be a cross then… Triangle Kush is clone only and there is no idea on the genetics much less a seed line in existence. There are a bunch of TK backcrosses, outcrosses, and S1’s though.

3 Likes

LOVE TK!
Pretty much any TK cross or backcross from Jungle Boys has been excellent.
Story is that Ivan flowered an entire room of males, like ~70 lights worth. From that craziness, they got a solid gold TK male. It has been used to cross and backcross dozens if not hundreds of new strains. Have been fortunate enough to smoke quite a few of them.
Running a seed pack now of Triangle Canyon, which is Topanga Canyon OG x TK bx1. Have been running Purple Sunset for a couple years, Sunset Sherb x TK bx1.
Got a True OG x TK cross from Clone Guy Industries at one of the dispos they serve in So Cal, its definitely a top favorite too.
EDIT: typo man strikes again

4 Likes

i have went trough my stash to confirm the pack says TK F3 i asked they are regs im not disclosing names but in my conversation with the generous member he stated they were f2s from here he said i could find a thread discussing about it here but i havent searched for it yet, he then made a selection in these f2s to make f3s and are regs

3 Likes

He’s saying it has to be an outcross, as there is no TK male to make regular seeds.

6 Likes

then i should relabel them? not trust said member in the futur?

2 Likes

It has to be a TK cross, not pure TK… Unless whoever you got them from is the dude who made TK originally or something, but that person has yet to come forward anywhere else. No one even knows what the genetics are in there. Just a bunch of speculation.

5 Likes

i guess it shouldnt matter the lineage if its dank its dank
i might just think too much

3 Likes