Trichomes look ready but not the pistils

trichomes look ready but not the pistils. What do u all think??

6 Likes

Few weeks left at least, you’ll want some kind of magnifier to look at the pistils

2 Likes

How long has it been in 12/12

Not even close.

4 Likes

Not ready needs a few weeks pistils need to be at least 75 %Or better turned color andShould be withered
Depending on the high your looking for
I like the trichomes to be all cloudy with 25 % amber
The more amber the more couch locked
But be careful of the timing there’s a short window between ripe and the trichomes degrading

Get a good loop 60x or a led magnifier 100x is good as well
Also you should see the buds swell a bit in the last week before harvest and they will slow down in drinking
Good luck
Don’t be to quick to harvest
Also take a small bud and quick dry it give it a smoke test that’s the final sign anyway lol

5 Likes

Yo Papa, what’s your method?

I use the camera on my phone to check calyxes, pistils and trichome color.

Calyxes should be swollen and look like they have seeds in them when they don’t.

Pistils should be mostly colored and withered. A few white pistils is normal as the plant keeps growing new pistils to try and catch pollen.

Trichome color depends on your preferences in medicinal use and/or type of high.
Clear, cloudy/milky and amber are the normal color choices and each color changes the experience.

5 Likes

To quickly dry my bud I wrap it a paper towel And use a microwave on defrost for 2.&1/2 minutes or so watch it don’t catch fire :fire: lol Sometimes they do burn up low heat works in the summer months I put a bud in a paper bag leave in the car window closed up on a hot day 1 hour it perfect :joy:

5 Likes

Hay DG to check trichomes on you phone do you use a lens attachment ?

1 Like

No sir, I take a pic and zoom in to check everything out. It works well for me.

2 Likes

6 weeks now. It took two weeks before showing sex. I figure I hit wee four today. Some people I read count weeks from 12/12. I’m counting from small pistil cluster. Thank for telling me to back off and let mature all. Really ty!

4 Likes

Just gotta be patient lol I’ve got one that’s 2 weeks past its “due date”… buds look done but my pistils are barely cloudy

3 Likes

Yeah I can understand that. If anyone ever said that there isn’t much of a difference between indoor and outdoor then I would call him a liar.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll give it a tr

1 Like

Purple Thai and GG4 with about 45 days to go.

4 Likes