Tropicana Poison XL auto, selfing and ¿F2/R2? seed run

Almost 2 years ago I ordered a pack of these, Tropicana Poison XL auto from Sweet Seeds, along with a few other strains. I tracked the package to the void known as O’Hare International Mail and Customs, and it was never heard from or seen again. Fast forward to a couple months ago and our brother @Ace71975 offered up a couple beans for a seed run, and I jumped at the chance. There is no way these qualify as a preservation run so this is just a private seed increase, but because they were donated I would like their donor to see their progress.

I dropped both seeds in for their soak last Tuesday, paper toweled and bagged them Wednesday night. Then on Friday (the 19th) I planted them in their solo cups to finish sprouting. They had already thrown their hulls off on the 19th.

They’ve got just a couple days left in their solos then they get their big bags

Intrigued by the odd growth pattern🤔

Got us a good start going!

22 Likes

Awesome Brother! We will have our seeds!!! lol

6 Likes

Gonna have to check this out with ya bud.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Nie one Ace! :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Very attractive looking plant with good lineage :slightly_smiling_face:
Wish you the best for the run :+1:

2 Likes

I know how much @joheimgrohen loves the tropicana strains, and I won that seedsmen giveaway and he has helped me out a TON so I figured it was Karma and I had to get them! Also I screwed up the reversal on the one i was growing and Killed it lol

4 Likes

Oh, then he’s gotta run that
Tropicana Cherry #8 × Hellbilly by @MG_Canna.
That plant was fire!

Edit:
Ok, so I actually have it written as
Tropical Cherry #8(Tropicana Cookies × Cherry Cookies[both Relentless cut])
Hellbilly(HAOG × Billy Idle)

:wink:

4 Likes

R u going to sts a branch?

2 Likes

A buddy on Discord has a female at about week 4. :gem::snowman_with_snow::gem:

2 Likes

I do believe that is the plan, Reverse a branch or 2 and pollinate both plants for seed production.

3 Likes

I’m planning on sts a branch on my devil cream auto and probably crossing one of my others with other stuff if u want to swap some out after they get done :relieved:

4 Likes

Sounds like a plan to me. I tried Devil’s Cream auto once, back in the beginning. While I’m sure it was me, not the plant, she didn’t produce well at all. Now I gotta know if I still have 1 left…

3 Likes

Nope, I don’t. I have a “Bloody Skunk auto fem” left but it’s the only one left of my sweet seeds autos. I have 3 of their “Red Hot Cookies” left, but they’re photo. May have to start thinking about seeding one or two of them out…

3 Likes

Yep, I just gotta figure out which one to flip. Normal growth pattern or the one with odd leaves. I’ll be sure to document it all.

5 Likes

Ya I haven’t tried any of the other red family lines yet picked out the devil cream cuz the color and the dark devil xl hoping it would add to the weight the germination rate was ehhh on the devil cream tho almost like the shell was too thick for the tap roots to pop out

2 Likes

I would like to get some of those Devil’s Cream auto S1s when you get them finished and dried. I’ll never remember so if I don’t hear from you I will definitely forget.

3 Likes

My vote, Flip the one with the Odd leaves lol

1 Like

They’ve been in their big bags for about a week now and they’re looking happy!
This was the one with odd primary leaves

And the “normal” one

8 Likes

Looking Killer!

2 Likes

Ok found out with my devil cream they don’t like to be fimmed, not sure if ur going to try that with urs but if so be prepared lol… does anyone know when they start changing color? I was under the impression that it starts when it starts flowering

3 Likes

I stick with LST for the most part. I started seeing coloration around week 3 in flower on Red Hot Cookies but it’s a photo. I don’t remember on my Devil’s Cream. That was a few pounds and a couple years ago. :laughing:

4 Likes