Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

Queremos decir bancos que suelen trabajar con genéticas hibridas holandesas o norteamericanas, orientados principalmente a indicas feminizadas (Dinafem, Humboldt Seeds, Sweet Seeds, Positronics, etc…), por oposición a los " típicos" primeros bancos españoles (CannaBioGen, A.C.E., Tropical Seeds, Reggae Seeds, Original Delicatessen, etc), que suelen trabajar más con landraces, y mas orientados a sativas regulares… Mas onda “vieja escuela”…

We mean banks that usually work with Dutch or NorthAmerican hybrids genetics, oriented mainly to feminized indica (Dinafem, Humboldt Seeds, Sweet Seeds, Positronics, etc …), as opposed to the “typical” first Spanish banks (CannaBioGen, ACE, Tropical Seeds, Reggae Seeds, Original Delicatessen, etc), that usually work more with landraces, and more oriented to regular sativas… More inna the “oldschool way”…

11 Likes

@MiG Thank you so much for the explanation. I was fearing it was something bad, but it is a beautiful way of differentiating the two types. :wink::thumbsup:

7 Likes

Por ejemplo, aunque Tropical Seeds sea principalmente un banco “oldschool” (trabajando principalmente con landraces usando muchas plantas en grandes invernaderos y orientándose principalmente a sativas regulares), el colectivo “Medical Proyect” (dentro de Tropical Seeds) trabaja más “a la holandesa” (con genéticas norteamericanas/holandesas hibridas, trabajando principalmente en interiores, y orientándose a producir principalmente indicas dominantes con mucho CBD…)

For example, although Tropical Seeds is mainly an “oldschool” bank (working mainly with landraces using many plants in large greenhouses and oriented mainly to regular sativas), the collective “Medical Project” (within Tropical Seeds) works more "to the Dutch "(with hybrid NorthAmerican/Dutch genetics, working mainly in interiors, and oriented to produce mainly dominant indica with much CBD …)

12 Likes

1 week from flip, and the mites are back, so I ordered some persimillis this time, which arrive tomorrow. I dusted a little bit of the mulch with dry pollen so they’ll have an alternate food source, to help them eliminate every mite possible.

I’m 90% sure the OG Ghost Train Haze 1 is a male, so I cut him way back to just a few branches and picked the other 3 plants to lean into the empty spaces.

The outdoor plants are mostly faring well. 3 of the Lowryder x UV are thriving, the others got attacked by bugs, but are recovering. The biggest plant outdoors is the SDxPP plant, which is showing an amazing amount of vigor, although it’s a regular seed, so I might be looking at another male, time will tell.

Received some “Red Haired Mexican” weed, and RHM inbred line, from Houdini that have been put in the fridge until room frees up.

16 Likes

The bad news is that the Swamp Donkey-Blood Diamond is 100% male. Pollen sacks are forming, so I cut most of the branches and tossed them into a water filled mason jar with a big piece of plastic under it to collect fallen pollen. I also left a few branches on, but these will probably get chopped right before they fully form, in the next week, so they can get set aside in their own water jar to collect the pollen.

The Princess Haze on the far left is being trained into the void left by the Blood Diamond, and the OG Ghost Train Haze to the right that was getting so tall, so fast, that I was sure it was a male and trimmed it way back, along with the Tsi Fly, are being retrained into the other side of the void.

All the tent plants are a couple weeks into flower, but they should have enough stretch and expansion left in them to finish filling out all the available space.

The two Red Haired Mexican seeds I planted outside still haven’t popped up, but I’m pretty sure from @Hoodini’s description and some internet sleuthing that the genetics are Columbian red that was being grown in Northern Mexico. I’m starting a few more seeds in peat plugs just in case the ones in almost pure clay soil don’t take.

13 Likes

Looking good!
Where those seeds you put outside from the seeds in the plastic? If not they probably won’t pop without help they are old. The ones IN the plastic will though lol but they are not landrace Mexican. They would be a landrace arizonan hybrid with indica dom traits

4 Likes

That an indica yeah?

4 Likes

I think Blood Diamond is supposed to be sativa leaning w/ a good body stone, but who knows since it’s a polyhybrid! :slight_smile:
From my notes:
Blood Diamond »»» Blood Orange x Cherry Mountain
Blood Orange »»» Cali-O AE77’s x Appalachia
Cherry Mountain »»» Cherry Pie x Appalachia
For anyone curious: Appalachia »»» Green Crack x Tres DawG

Popped a bunch of Purple Flash Ornamental Pepper seeds, which I’m running experiments with to determine their ability to be used as banker plants for predatory mites under standard cannabis growing conditions. They have the potential of extending the number of life cycles we can get out of a batch of predatory mites by producing a long season supply of pollen as a secondary food source. [A. swirskii & N. californicus would both benefit, providing a full range of control over spider mites, broad mites, various other mites, and thrips.]

Planted a few of the RHM and a few LAR. @Hoodini, any idea what the LAR is like that I might recognize?

For anyone noticing the “Blue-purple” light change, I’ve taken out the white LED strip lighting and moved both 2000w burple lights into the tent. I think they put out about 400 true watts a piece, giving me about 800w combined. I have them a couple feet away from the plants and will inch them closer in the coming weeks as the plants start needing it in flower.

11 Likes

In the pic of the male the inter leafing looks indica dom. . . Must be the pic.

3 Likes

What? I just heavily medicated myself :anguished: cough cough. . . RHM = red hair Mexican? LAR=idfk???

3 Likes

Yes, they are more indica leaning leaves, but it smokes as a sativa, such is the problem with such multi-polyhybrids. I’ve also had indica smoking strains with sativa leaves.

Red Haired Mexican and Landrace Arizona Hyrid (It should have been RHM & LAH, but I was stoned and mistyped :wink:)

6 Likes

Well good then I’m not as stoned as a though. Multi-polyhybrid. . . Would that be considered a triple positive word? Could we call the in-plants cuz they are a false advertisement?

4 Likes

LAH

A different LAH I’ll get a closer pic of this one for you tomorrow ( believe it or not she just turned a month 3 days ago). . . She one of the fastest growers I’ve popped out of my LAH

Oh and those are potatoes in the background.

13 Likes

A plant that looks and grows like a sativa but smokes like an indica is one multipolyhybrid I would like to try growing

P.s. sorry I cluttered your thread I can get it moved off

4 Likes

LOL, I think I had potatoes growing last year and this year they got replaced with OG cannabis seeds. :laughing:
The photos you’re showing make the LAH seem like a Mexican Ortega strain plant, which was damn good weed!

6 Likes

Don’t you dare! Grow journals should show more than just plants. :smile: Without the culture surrounding cannabis we’d just have shitty weed, right?

13 Likes

Olay!!!(damn 20 charaters.mumble.mumble)

5 Likes

I should have just done this. Lol

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to find info on this. I can’t find any Mexican Ortega and the only info on Ortega is it’s no longer found but it was from mr.nice and ol’ Dutch land

6 Likes
9 Likes