Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

American company sold me a 900w “true watts” LED.

You already know what it was, even before looking at this picture below:

6 Likes

what company? can you increase the driver?

2 Likes

Too paranoid to say.

I don’t know nothing bout no drivers.

I even don’t have the light anymore.

But it showed me that there’s a lot of empty watts out there, and before you say it, they stated it was a 880w light on their site, and I tried to do research.

Your own personal experience is always the best.

3 Likes

lol you must be deep in the red states bro :joy: can never be too safe i guess

8 Likes

They are all progressing nicely and continue to be vigorous growers.
I’m germinating some of ReikoX’s breeder pack seeds, all are Lowryder x ***, the other parents were The Devil #1, Ultraviolet #1 and Ultraviolet #2. I’ll keep updates on here for them too.

Week 2 photos

Yesterday I watered in a teaspoon of molasses, a tablespoon of Gnatrol BTi powder (to keep the number of fungus gnat larvae down) and a teaspoon of Potassium Silicate (same concentration as Dynagro Protekt) diluted into 2 gallons of water.
The Pot-Sil is just to make sure there is a little bit of immediately available Silica. There are a bunch of organics in the newer top soil that have silica in them, but I’m unsure on their decomposition rates and don’t want to risk not providing the plant every thing they might want.

Fermenting some Lacto-IMO right now so I’ll start watering some of that in next week with a touch of molasses, adding any other things that the plant says it wants, like compost tea.

Advise from the community is always welcome. Even after a decade of growing I still love to hear about other people’s grow methods (we’re all stronger together :muscle:) and I like feedback because I either learn something or have good habits reinforced! :hugging::smoking:

In addition to growing cannabis I also have a habit of saving less magical plants. If anything interesting happens with them I’ll post photos for those too.
This is a black bamboo (Phyllostachys nigra) that I saved from a sidewalk about 6 months ago. It got my vermicompost organic soil and gets compost tea every time I brew it. You can see a new shoot in the middle. It has only been about a month since the bud ruptured through to the soil’s surface. I’ve read that each rhizome usually puts off one bud per growing season that just slightly exceeds the height of it’s older shoots. Because I’m not sure how big the plant was before it was cut down I don’t know how tall this shoot will get.

24 Likes

While I have time and your attention I’d like to share a special project I’ve had in the works for over a year.
Each of these photos is of a big leaf maple sapling that I grew from local seeds. I planted each seed in a quart sized pot, with vermicompost and a magical item buried under the seed. Over the winter when they all went dormant I pulled each one out, brushed the soil off the root system (with latex gloves on), and positioned the roots around the items so that they would “grasp” the item as the roots enlarged over time. I will do the same this winter, unless during the removal of soil I observe that the roots don’t need to be re-positioned. I will grow these for 3-5 years, or until they are tall enough and thick enough to have their tops cut off, uprooted, and overturned to be used as a staff.

The magical items that were chosen by family, friends and myself:

The Big Leaf Maple Saplings:

Other stuff, including 3 intertwined weeping willow saplings (from cuttings I took off a local tree), 2 oak saplings (I found acorns in the neighborhood), an indigenous chestnut tree (I saved from a curb), and back up BL Maple saplings (just in case I need one for replacing a non-vigorous “staff” tree).

36 Likes

So, I was at a job today and the client asked me to excuse the mess of old pots in his back yard, because he use to grow cannabis in his crawlspace. Of course, you know I had to jump all over that opening! I got to talking to him and found out he just got a clone from a friend and was growing it out in his back yard. He offered to give me a couple buds from the plant that the clone came from. Before he could even get the buds, I was already asking if I could get a cut of the plant :laughing:.

After trying the bud, which was an amazing hybrid that smelled exactly like honeysuckle flowers, he told me that the cut was from the Honeysuckle strain by Advanced Female Seeds. Before leaving I agreed to bring him some of the finished bud after I grew it out, which is something I’ve done for most people that have given me cuts or cherished seeds. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any information on the genetics, but I’m counting the whole venture as a win.
To get the cutting home I went to the nearby grocery store florist section and snagged a couple ‘floral water tubes’, the ones they use for the ends of cuts flowers. I was also able to snag a couple of the antibacterial wipes they have near the entrances, which I used to disinfect the stem of the plant before I took a cutting! After putting it in the water tube I stashed it in a sandwich bag so it would stay humid until I got it home. The cutting is now safely home and nestled in a peat plug with some rooting hormone! I noticed no adverse reaction to the process.

33 Likes

Put up the netting today. Going to see if I can get a fuller flat-ish canopy since they’re under LEDs.

The autos haven’t popped their heads up yet, but I did pull the peat back just enough to see that the beans had split, so they are germinating! The Honeysuckle clone is doing well too (I put the lid back on after the photo to maintain a high internal humidity and to block out some of the light.

So far the OG Ghost Train Haze is showing the fastest growth, but it’s from regular seed, so there is a good chance I have a male. We’ll wait to see.

21 Likes

Checked the ReikoX autos I was germinating and realized that I had some of them start to germinate then stall, because of trace levels of alcohol in the peat pods, left over from wiping down the soaking container with iso-alcohol. I moved the ones that popped out of the soil into 1 gallon pots and started 3 new LRxUV1 and 3 LRxUV2 seeds in peat pods with plain water.

13 Likes

I applied nematodes yesterday to combat the fungus gnats, and today I scoped the young plants and saw that I’d acquired broad mites, which seem to be everywhere on the west coast of the U.S.
So, sprayed some SNS-217C™ Spider Mite Control from sierranaturalscience.com and I ordered up some Neoseiulus (= Amblyseius) fallacis from arbico.com and they should arrive in a few days.

I’ll check them a week after I apply the predator mites and see how they’re doing.

10 Likes

Princess Haze (left), Tsi Fly (right)

OG Ghost Train Haze #1 (left), Blood Diamond (right), and Diesel Punch (Purple Punch x Sour Diesel) seedling (destined to join the ReikoX autos growing under the sun).

Successfully knocked back the broadmites and pred-mites arrive soon to finish the job!

23 Likes

Applied Pred-mites, which removed all the spider mites, fungus gnats are non existent, and I’m in Ohio with my wife for the week, so no photos from last weekend, when I was packing, and no photos next weekend. I’ll get photos up on Monday probably. I did tie down the OG-GTH1 plant, because it’s growing way faster than the rest. I’m 99% sure it’s male, so I’ll be running the SDxPP plant from the 1 gallon pot in it’s place once I see the OG-GTH1’s sex.

8 Likes

Which ones and where from? I have a hedge of burning bush that gets them every year and I’d like to try some this year instead of paying a company to spray it which always turns the leaves per mature.

1 Like

Neoseiulus (= Amblyseius) fallacis

What you really want is this: https://www.arbico-organics.com/category/problem-solver-guide

9 Likes

With the spider mite issue under control, the plants almost doubled in size, so I switched them to 12/12 today. Waiting for some clones to take in another room and once they do I’ll move the more powerful LED light over these.

14 Likes

Plants take 10 days for roots.

3 Likes

@shroomgod That’s about what I’ve experienced too. I have about 4 more days to go.

3 Likes

If Advanced Female Seeds is the before called Advanced Seeds Bank (?), it is a Spanish bank “in the Dutch’s way”. The breeder is well knowed here.

5 Likes

I found some rooting hormone(s) speed up this process.

1 Like

@MiG That sounds correct. I do remember there being an Advanced Seeds, and then they disappeared and Advanced Female Seeds appeared. What is the “Dutch Way”? I haven’t heard that term before.

@shroomgod I soaked them for a few hours in water with fresh aloe, then dipped them in clonex before tossing them in a cloner with a dash of aloe and 4 gallons of water.

4 Likes