Tumi for HLVPD testing

Has anyone here tried using Tumi for HLVPD testing ? Seems like it’s $250 for 10 test vials that can be done stored in fridge for up to one year.
I’m seriously probably going to do it in the next few weeks. I have less than 10 small moms strains. And I’m waiting for an arrival of a big hitter I was surprised to find from a place that does tissue culture clones.

3 Likes

most of the clone vendors i’ve seen use TUMI

Pretty sure @Justblazin uses them as well as a few other vendors I know of

I have a couple that have not been tested I’m sure and would like to verify because I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting anything else from vendors or individuals for a quite a while. Maybe in a month or so and if it’s all good I will sleep better.

1 Like

Yes I’ve used tumi, they are good in my book. Usually you get quick results once they get your sample. Got mine in 24 hrs after they recieved it.

1 Like

Tumi is pretty much the gold standard for HLVPD testing. They use a pretty sensitive test procedure and do quantitative analysis which means they will be able to tell you how severe the infection is if its found. Be aware that you will most likely need a couple of rounds of testing the same plant before you consider it clean. I have seen someone have an instance where a plant tested clean 2 rounds and then tested positive on the 3rd round. The person tossed the cut so didn’t get it re-tested to see if it was a false positive or not so who knows.

1 Like