Twenty20 A-Team Tester Grow

This is an A-Team R&D grow. I’m proud to be a member of the Twenty 20 team. Our focus is to bring you amazing genetics. Before strains are released they must go through many trials and grows to determine if are worthy for home growers. This is one of those test grows. I hope you enjoy!

We have 3 strains coming at you for this diary:

V.S.O.P (The Spice #19 x Sour Snow) x6 fems

Queen of Diamonds (MMXX #48 x Bubbawhip #A17) x5 fems

Devil Fruit Auto (Smell of Success x Ogreberry) x7 fems

They have been placed in paper towel and will spend some time in the clone tent under the AC Infinity Ionboard S22 before going into the grow room.

25 Likes

I grew out some whiskey Zulu was very nice

Unique candy Terps and Trizzlers Auto was og oil rag
Best auto’s in found

4 Likes

damn im gonna folow this . i have a mmxx mom i love and trying to reveg a hot mess and sparkle face that imprressed me during flowering

4 Likes

Update: on day 5 the germinated seeds were put into soil. On day 6 they were already emerged from the soil. They were watered in using a microbe tea and put under the main light at 10% power for the time being.

All seeds popped except one Queen of Diamonds seed. I gave it a gentle crack and sowed it with the others. I could have done more harm than good, but we will see if she comes thru.

6 Likes

We are well into the seedling stage. The girls look like they are off to a great start. They started looking leggy, so I increased power and lowered the distance of the light. We are on 18/6 cycle. I have a light feeding of Gaia, Medusa’s, and Zeus. As soon as they get full size leaves I will start foliar spraying (it has been a New Years resolution to start foliar spraying better).

6 Likes

they all look very strong - you have some interesting genetics be interesting to watch the outcome !!

2 Likes

Start of week 2 Veg. I transplanted all the ladies and watered in with a nice microbe tea. This will help with the transplant shock. The supplies needed for my irrigation system should be here today, so I might be able to set it up today or next week at the latest.

The girls seem to be doing good. Last week I was ashamed to see thrip damage on my leaves. I’ve been growing for almost 10 years and this is the first time I’ve encountered thrips. So even seasoned growers have things to learn. I’ve watered with nematodes as well as Mercenary and foliar spraying daily. I’ve been looking closely at each plant every day and I think I stopped them before their population got out of hand. I won’t stop spraying until flower so it should keep them away.

3 Likes

There is always a non-zero risk no matter how good your protocols are. :vulcan_salute:

Now, if you are getting hit every year… that’s different… :wink:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Yo if yall (2020) need test grow diary reviews lmk. I’ve grown 2020 almost exclusively last year with great results. Just wanted yo throw that out there.

1 Like

Week 3 Veg.

I was still seeing a couple of thrip larvae wiggling around, so I went with a friends suggestion and upgraded to Dr Zymes Eliminator. Today was the first treatment spray. The thrip population has severely dropped and I’m seeing lots of new healthy growth. To make up for what they have suffered I may have to give the photos an extra week of Veg growth.

All of the girls have stayed very small and squat after the leggy seedling stage. This is a direct result of the proper lighting as well as the Bloom Khaos/Optic Transport foliar spray that I am applying this round. The nodes are stacked literally on top of each other. They are all right around 5 nodes high, which means all the photos will be topped as soon as I can pinch the tops safely.

5 Likes

I might pull the runt tho.

Watching! Curious to see how VSOP is…

1 Like

Week 3 Veg update. The girls were topped at the fifth node and stripped. The girls that were given a scrog screen were left with only the top 2 nodes and the rest were removed. The ones that are being trained with clips have 3. I like using two or 3 nodes when scrogging. It’s makes it easier for training as well as more uniform yields.

Also, don’t mind the monster feeding system. It’s a work in progress lol.

2 Likes

That feeding system looks interesting, maybe a ‘show and tell’ sometime?

Cheers
G

1 Like

@Gpaw absolutely!

Okay so the feeding system is a prototype at best. I use Nectar for the Gods nutrients and it is well known that this line will clog traditional systems like blumats, autopots, and drip irrigation. It is calcium based and runs thick. I’m running a lot of plants and hand feeding is getting to be a lot. I tried switching nutrients so that I could go to an automated system but no other nutrient line does the trick. So I made a gravity fed free flow system.

The res runs from a 3/4” valve to 1/2” line. The line goes into the manifold and dispersed into multiple 3/8” lines. The lines feed into mini flood trays that disperse the nutrients around the root zone.

It is very much a work in progress. Before I test it I need to make a stand for the manifold to mount to so it can be placed more closely to the plants. The idea is have it hide under the canopy when the girls are big enough. I’m also waiting on the rest of the ball valves for the individual lines that didn’t show up with my order. I did a dry fit to see how it looked. I may also add a quick disconnect somewhere along the main line so it doesn’t get in the way and I don’t trip over it.

As long as I get everything level it should work. The manifold itself has about 1/2” of space to fill with water before it actually flows into the individual lines, so every line should get around the same amount of water. I added the ball valves to the lines in case I had to tweak the flow.

Any thoughts, ideas, constructive criticism? Anything is welcome if it will improve the design. :grin:

4 Likes

Solid idea. Thank you!

1 Like

I like those distributed flood plates, I hadn’t seen them before.
…Initially, I thought they might have been a 3D print job… :vulcan_salute:
That manifold is sweet.
How’s that setup for drips?

Cheers
G

For drips, like drip irrigation? The last setup I had was for a halo drip ring instead of the trays. It worked until they got clogged :slightly_frowning_face:

Week 4 Veg.

The girls barely noticed the defoliation and topping. Already there’s new and strong growth. By the end of the week we should be able to start LST and scrog training. Some of the girls are showing slight signs of calcium deficiency, which just means I need to bump up their feedings a wee bit. Shouldn’t be a whole lot else to do this week but watch them grow!

The Devil Fruit autos are staying very plump and squat, aside from one that is inches taller than anything else in the room. I’m also glad I didn’t pull the runt. It seems she is determined to become the underdog of the grow.

4 Likes

Week 5 for the Devil Fruit Autos

The little girls are starting to fluff up. I squeezed a bit of the frost. We’re getting a sweet berry smell so far. Very pleasant. I’m enjoying the structure on these girls. Nice and stacked. I don’t think they will put out any larf whatsoever.

Week 5 Veg for VSOP and Queen of Diamonds

I gave the girls another haircut. It will be the last one before flipping to flower. I’ll do my usual last defoliation at the end of week 3 in flower. I might do one more week of Veg, or I might flip at the end of this week. I will decide for sure on that day. I know they look thin and small, but they will 100% fill those scrogs during the stretch. It’s going to be awesome!

3 Likes