UK 300w CFL BioBizz Closet Grow

Hi folks,

I’m new to the OverGrow foum, here thanks to @Subcool, from watching The Weed Nerd show. So I just started myself another little grow here about a week ago. I felt it was worth making a thread on it because there aren’t many CFL threads around. I’m going to keep this grow as simple as possible.

EQUIPMENT
Omega 300w Dual Spectrum CFL ( 6400K / 2700K )
Hammered Alluminium Dutch Barn Reflector
Clip-on 6" Desk Fan

MEDIA / FERTILISERS
Bio Bizz Light-mix Soil
Grow, Bloom and Top Max Fertilisers

ROOM
95 x 85cm wide x 140cm height

GENETICS
Holy Grail (by DNA) and possibly Critical Kush (by Royal Queen)

• these seeds were given to me but were mixed without correct labeling so it’s a lottery, not sure what I’m getting till I see and smoke the flowers.

Curently have 6 seedlings in veg on day 5 at the moment. I’m pretty sure Holy Grail are fems but not sure about Critical Kush. I’ll get pictures coming shortly.

Take it easy and have a good one.
-GrowEasy

2 Likes

sounds like it will be decent!

Holy Grail very good strain, reeks of earthy lemons. The buzz is narcotic!

grown with CFL myself, honestly wasnt bad, made some dense nugs , I like to add in a CFL with LED 180W UFO for veg and I find makes some very hearty girls! Or dudes!

1 Like

Yeah I hope it turns out decent. Cheers buddy.

What type/brand of LED UFO do you use? I find the market is just saturated with LED grow lights. I was thinking about adding one to my space next cycle, I was looking at ViparSpectra’s 300w LED, but honestly I don’t know which company is good or bad. I just want something affordable.

I also grew with CFL before and also liked the results. I had nice dense nugs too. I think I got around 25-28g dry from 1 Burmese Kush plant using only 1 x 125w 2700K CFL, so I’m back for more.

Welcome! I’ll gladly follow along. It amazes me when you guys pull off these small set ups.

1 Like

Awesome! Sadly not sure the brand its from china off eBay! I’ve had it for year. Yes i have a 125W with a reflective shield that I use for veg with the LED UFO . So many LED’s out myself i am confused if i were to want to buy a new one

1 Like

Hey @GrowEasy, also new to OG and heard thanks to the man Subcool that it was back!

Anyways I can’t wait to see what you got going on with this set up. I’m looking to put together a cost effective closest grow soon .

1 Like

@StrainVenator Well as long as it grows you the dank and it works for you thats all that really matters I think. Upgrades and equipment improvments can always come later on down the line. Keep doing your thing. Do you have any grow threads I could look at?

@Eddie.saw Nice one man. If you’re looking to grow cost effectively you are certainly in the right place to see that. :slight_smile: Hope you get growing soon.

Take it easy and have a good one
-GrowEasy

Thanks! and not yet! I currently atm have nothing going, waiting on new licensing etc… What a pain. forced to buy overpriced medicine!
Yes definitely will upgrade eventually, but atleast getting somthing that works for me is the main goal!
Also on a budget! lol

Cheers!

Day 7 from seed (18/6)

The closet in all its glory, this is my basic setup and it gets me by just fine.
(sorry about the sideways photo)

I might mylar the walls over time because I didnt fresh paint the walls white before I started.

Take it easy and have a good one folks.
-GrowEasy

4 Likes

Upside down photo. Jeepers. :confused: :thinking:

Way to go! I throw up Mylar on occasion. It helps a bit i think. Thank you for letting us follow.

1 Like

Hello, nice little grow… I like CFLs too…

btw you can rotate photos also online using for example https://inettools.net/image/rotate-photo-image-online-gif-jpeg-png-online

1 Like

I’m pulling up a seat… mind if I chill? Lol

Looking good so far @GrowEasy. Let’s hope for some fire ladies!

1 Like